• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a bunch of new Fission Waves go up at Marshall Street. I ended my boycott and bought a couple more, as one of my previous ones is dang near close to the perfect driver for me.

Saw a bunch of new Fission Waves go up at Marshall Street. I ended my boycott and bought a couple more, as one of my previous ones is dang near close to the perfect driver for me.

I ended up buying two more, one for fun and one as a legit backup. Bought a nice pink 166g one for a backup.

Another was a amazon purchase, I wanted to try a super light one for giggles. Hated buying it from there as I could only select a weight range. No color. Ended up with a decent cherry red colored 149g.

Anyone thrown one of those R2 pdga relays? They look sweet and I bet the plastic is a little better in the winter..

Too crappy to play here, 10" of wet gross heavy snow... I want to hear happy disc tales.

Threw the Uplink a bit more, and it's more flippy than I originally thought. Fun to throw and great glide, maybe comparable to a worn X Comet.

Gonna mess with it a bit but doubt it will make the bag. I'm FH dominant, not sure I need a mid less stable than a Comet.

Anyone thrown one of those R2 pdga relays? They look sweet and I bet the plastic is a little better in the winter..

Too crappy to play here, 10" of wet gross heavy snow... I want to hear happy disc tales.

I know nothing of the relay, but knocked down a 45ft anhyzer putt around a tree in glow league with an Eclipse Envy last night!

Marshall Street has plasma Entropy's if anyone is looking.

First Entropy's I've seen available in quite some time.

Many thanks for this heads up!

Now I just need to track down an electron Entropy and I will be completely satisfied :)

Admittedly, I don't have insider information when I ask this, but are you certain the PDGA Relays are R2 plastic? I was assuming they were Neutron, same as the white rim/black plate PDGA Waves and Inertias that were released a few years ago.

picture.php
Admittedly, I don't have insider information when I ask this, but are you certain the PDGA Relays are R2 plastic? I was assuming they were Neutron, same as the white rim/black plate PDGA Waves and Inertias that were released a few years ago.

Nope just Facebook info, I've got a white neutron pdga but a black one was on the block and it was stamped R2 right on the top. Too rich for me but I bet it'sa great thrower... someone better get in there and claim it as their TS disc!

Last edited:
I have two of the turtle relays. One came in October and one in December. I thought the one from October was R2 but everyone told me I was wrong. That one isn't actually marked R2 but I can't tell the difference between it and the one from December that is marked R2.

I have a white neutron pdga relay with the black rim and a white rim black pdga relay like in the picture but without the r2 part. I am trying to sell/trade both of them. I was asking $29 shipped for both together or would prefer a trade.

Someone said on FB haha all the blacks are R2... I'm not convinced but I don't have any first hand knowledge...

One of the local retailers opened up their gyropalooza boxes. I had a quick look, I was fundraising for a wave but bought another uplink red with yellow foil for the shelf instead. Man I gotta limit myself to one disc a month.

Was able to go out and throw some new discs and some that I have had for a little while...here it is:

167g Nomad from the Mystery box. Idk what plastic this is but I love it. It has displaced my electron envy's from the bag. I have a strong suspicion that when I can get my hands on the plasma Nomad's it will displace the proton envy as well. I love my envy's but there is strong overlap between throwing nomads, envys, reactors/hex.

176 Hex. This disc is continuing to grow on me. Can really bomb with this disc and it gives a slight turn before finishing straight.

174g Hokom Crave. I got my first (And only crave) a couple years ago but these feel different. The original one I had was kind of flat and felt a bit sharper on the edges. It always felt squirrely to me, if I threw it wrong it would turn and burn and sometimes, even with a good release it would sometimes turn all the way over or other times just go straight. I got rid of it because of how unpredictable it seemed to me. These Hokom craves are amazing. Smooth, straight with a little turn, give them some anny or hyzer and they follow it so nicely. Instantly one of my favorites in the bag.

Was able to go out and throw some new discs and some that I have had for a little while...here it is:

167g Nomad from the Mystery box. Idk what plastic this is but I love it. It has displaced my electron envy's from the bag. I have a strong suspicion that when I can get my hands on the plasma Nomad's it will displace the proton envy as well. I love my envy's but there is strong overlap between throwing nomads, envys, reactors/hex.

176 Hex. This disc is continuing to grow on me. Can really bomb with this disc and it gives a slight turn before finishing straight.

174g Hokom Crave. I got my first (And only crave) a couple years ago but these feel different. The original one I had was kind of flat and felt a bit sharper on the edges. It always felt squirrely to me, if I threw it wrong it would turn and burn and sometimes, even with a good release it would sometimes turn all the way over or other times just go straight. I got rid of it because of how unpredictable it seemed to me. These Hokom craves are amazing. Smooth, straight with a little turn, give them some anny or hyzer and they follow it so nicely. Instantly one of my favorites in the bag.

I hadn't quite put my finger on it, but I believe you're right: the Hokom Craves feel a little less sharp in terms of the physical shape and maybe. a little more predictable in terms of the flight. I'm finding myself replete with 6.5s at the moment: a pair of Hokom Craves and a Cosmic Crave, two older Servos and a current issue (just acquired), and a Clash. So many shaping options and while none of the is quite like my old S Line FD, they're *so* comfortable in the woods.

I throw a lot of Craves and throw them a lot. I am a 55YO 300' thrower.

Seasoned CN turn and finish very straight
Hokom's barely turn but still end up quite straight
Protons and my plasma fly just like a Clash.

I keep surprising myself how far Crave's go. I really don't need anything longer.

Got a black neutron pdga relay coming, I will see if I can identify it as a R2 it's not stamped that way....

Played a night 9 with the dog, glow envy glowed the best and was less stable than expected even at 174g. The glow pilot 2.0 was not as bright but had a more uniform glow, it was more stable than expected.

Envy ran it like a fiend, both got a bird on a tough hole but apparently there's no trees in the dark. Envy feels softer... very pleasant. Short end is the envy won by two strokes, a couple better putts and a better drive. Somewhere around about -5

Status
Not open for further replies.