• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

What kinda vid you want? New disc test? ITB? Form stuff?

ITB's suck haha, unless you're Simon... the bar has been raised buddy.

What have you got for new discs? good to see ya! You throwing a Zenith? I'd like to see some Mayhem!

I don't think I've filmed anything with Reactors, my hex or Ohm.

Just found out about the Glitch tonight and plan to grab one to film some putter rounds with.

Haven't tried the Zenith but I'm going disc shopping tomorrow and will look for one.

Maybe I can make a bag of molds I've never filmed with and go throw 18 with em.

What kinda vid you want? New disc test? ITB? Form stuff?

If you do pick up a Glitch or two, I'd love to see a Glitch only, or primary Glitch round. It's a very fun disc to throw. It'd be fun to see a full round with it from someone with your power.

If you do pick up a Glitch or two, I'd love to see a Glitch only, or primary Glitch round. It's a very fun disc to throw. It'd be fun to see a full round with it from someone with your power.

I just traded for a second glitch so my old ultimate playing brother in law and I can play some glitch only rounds.

I think they would be good training/practice discs much like most neutral putters.

Played a quick lunch loop (1/2/8/9) at East Roswell Park today. New rule in place to simplify and streamline the mental: I need a really good reason not to throw Wave or Crave off the tee and Envy for upshots. I feel like I've been overthinking my rounds lately. At some point you just need to move to where the success is. The dividing line between the tee shots is about 250 and I can stretch or shorten either disc to fit from either side unless there's a massive angle involved.

I played a 9 hole course blind with a Fission Crave, Fission Envy, Neutron Resistor, and Soft N Glitch a couple days ago. I am not a fan of Fission plastic in general, and would usually prefer to have an understable Crave and an overstable Crave, but the Fission Crave fits nicely in the middle of the two and is good for cutting down my options on drives. I finished at -1 mainly because of a bad skip on the last hole coupled with really poor course design. I ended up behind a tree, needing to throw over an OB volleyball sandpit, but my Resistor shot landed just inside the pit to go OB and leave me having to cross it again to get to the basket. I would have loved to take a different shot around the other side of the tree, but the course was designed around a surprisingly popular walking path, and there were enough pedestrians on that side that I would have had to either wait them out, or throw a less than ideal shot to avoid the path on that side. Anyway, the point is, it's surprising how well you can play when you limit your options to really only one disc that will work.

I don't think I've filmed anything with Reactors, my hex or Ohm.

Just found out about the Glitch tonight and plan to grab one to film some putter rounds with.

Haven't tried the Zenith but I'm going disc shopping tomorrow and will look for one.

Maybe I can make a bag of molds I've never filmed with and go throw 18 with em.

It's cool to see you back. Many years ago I was searching for videos to help my form and found yours and was subsequently introduced to MVP. Lot's of new stuff, lot's of stuff discontinued...Zenith has become one of my favorite drivers but if you look at the numbers on a Wrath (-0.5 2) which are the same on the Volt and the same on the Zenith it will behave differently. For me it's more of a -1 2 disc where the volt, especially new Neutron, is a lot more 0 2. Nevertheless it's a sweet disc.

Nice! Let me know-how it flies :) good score!

I've been playing glitch and rhythm rounds.. The more the glitch breaks in the more fun it is, really carves in the woods, the big hyzer boomerang is awesome and if forced to putt with it I recommend a straddle.

I need to stop reading your posts. I finally bit the bullet and got a Rhythm. Unfortunately the course I was at today only has one throw for a driver, the rest are putter/mid shots and I hit a tree. So still TBD but it feels great :thmbup:

Grabbed these and a new 4K camera today

w1zcu0.jpg

x-out is a Dimension

Grabbed these and a new 4K camera today

Mike, I'd like to see your videos testing discs. What should I look for on YouTube to find your videos?

What I like about disc testing videos, is that I can get an idea of how discs would work for me even though we may not throw anything like each other. I can see how you throw a specific disc which I throw (like the Hex), see how it works for you and compare that to how it works for me. Then I can use that baseline for how other discs will work for me. And since my discs are mainly MVP/Axiom....I'm really interested in seeing your videos. Might help me make a choice about some discs I want to try.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Mike opened my eyes to not only the Envy but to throwing putters in general. Back when I was still new to the game I watched a YouTube video of him crushing on an Envy. At that point I was still learning and had no idea throwing a putter off the tee was a viable option. It's probably because of him that I absolutely love throwing putters.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Mike opened my eyes to not only the Envy but to throwing putters in general. Back when I was still new to the game I watched a YouTube video of him crushing on an Envy. At that point I was still learning and had no idea throwing a putter off the tee was a viable option. It's probably because of him that I absolutely love throwing putters.

Now that you mention it, I think he was the guy that showed me as well.. Back in the day though IIRC it was wizards, then ions.

Mike, I'd like to see your videos testing discs. What should I look for on YouTube to find your videos?

What I like about disc testing videos, is that I can get an idea of how discs would work for me even though we may not throw anything like each other. I can see how you throw a specific disc which I throw (like the Hex), see how it works for you and compare that to how it works for me. Then I can use that baseline for how other discs will work for me. And since my discs are mainly MVP/Axiom....I'm really interested in seeing your videos. Might help me make a choice about some discs I want to try.

I love watching the bomber throws. He was the best source of MVP content for years. I've watched all the vids at least a dozen times. I tossed a link down there that gets you to his ITB from a few years back. TDGV

https://youtu.be/tVABQ8c8Vbc

My first ever Reactor just came it. The profile looks identical to my stable Matrix. I will place it in the bag in the Matrix spot for this afternoon.

Here's some playlists you can check out:

Course tours - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJcSn5rnuc&list=PL9vemP8jUQRtJt5EC2UGuQm-oPvZYdUyq

Disc tests - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9vemP8jUQRtJCdWEN7T5sZMJt7Ml8hXx

Misc disc golf videos, including form stuff - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9vemP8jUQRuHOokW7jMwQ-lur73-Vpab

Now that you mention it, I think he was the guy that showed me as well.. Back in the day though IIRC it was wizards, then ions.

I love watching the bomber throws. He was the best source of MVP content for years. I've watched all the vids at least a dozen times. I tossed a link down there that gets you to his ITB from a few years back. TDGV

https://youtu.be/tVABQ8c8Vbc

Yeah, I think I had only been playing a couple years when I first saw Mike's videos. I had an Omega SS that I immediately went out and tried to bomb, only to have it turn into a roller. Eventually though, I was able to pin several holes with that Omega SS that I used to throw my River on. Once I saw him throwing Ions, I had to try it as my new putter. It was great, but then the Envy came out and Mike started throwing those, and well, I had to try one of them as well.

And ever since, the Envy has been my favorite disc. So, thank you Mike! I pretty much throw all MVP/Axiom because you showed me the way.

Latest posts