• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

bump. for some reason this thread isn't showing up on the discs subforum for me

found this today. excited to compare it to mayhems:

20240215-130815.jpg

It's kind of cool how I used to never, ever find MVP / Axiom discs, now I'm finding them around 40% of the time I spot a lost disc.

I think for those closer to a clean form, and with experience, weight may not matter. With my flawed form, and experience, 8g of weight can matter with some molds and plastic. Putters, mids, and OS must be in the 170s, below that it starts falling apart.

Almost 2 years MVP disc, my best example is the Fission Wave 148g to 175g. Lower weight great for the open with best distance. Heavier weight great for wooded courses wider gaps less distance.

Plasma Motion 165g got nothing out of it, 174g love it in the woods, consistent standstills, best in the bag for standstill.

Plasma Wave 163g flies thru gaps in the woods, 171g eh!

Neutron Wave in the woods 166g to 171g, doesn't matter same results.

Several other examples. For my form, 8g matter

Felt up a Pixel pre release at a shop yesterday and it seems pretty deep to me. Has a bead too. Simon will just have to make money off of me from the Hex, when I run out of my current stash. Put a fresh Lizotle in the bag along with one I've bagged for about a year. Kinda surprised how much more stable the fresh one is. Fits nicely with a Quake and the worn Lizotle.

I've thrown the Detour a little and not vibing with it yet, seems flippier than anticipated. Overpaid for it on eBay and I'm determined to like it.

Felt up a Pixel pre release at a shop yesterday and it seems pretty deep to me. Has a bead too. Simon will just have to make money off of me from the Hex, when I run out of my current stash. Put a fresh Lizotle in the bag along with one I've bagged for about a year. Kinda surprised how much more stable the fresh one is. Fits nicely with a Quake and the worn Lizotle.

I've thrown the Detour a little and not vibing with it yet, seems flippier than anticipated. Overpaid for it on eBay and I'm determined to like it.
I'm still waiting for a Simon disc I have the slightest interest in throwing. Really like the guy, and I'd pay some extra for a disc I'd bag with his stamp, but all three of his main discs so far have been something I just don't want 🤷‍♀️

Here's to hoping he gets some Matrices, Dimensions, Flares, Resistors or Orbitals stamped.

Here's to hoping he gets some Matrices, Dimensions, Flares, Resistors or Orbitals stamped.
I'm still not interested, not bagging any gyro over a 5 speed currently. Kinda interested in JC's Trail whenever that might be released.

I also checked out the Eagle Envy, they are beautiful and gonna retail for $29.99. Y'all be sure to buy a bunch of them.

@discerdoo damn don't tell me that, I'm in on a fb auction for a 173 detour for a touch too much. My eagle envys will be delayed since Chance is on the road for a tourney.. maybe end of next week.

I did throw some nice neutron uplink shots though, glad I snagged those gyropalooza ones with the weird lessened stability. Freaky fun!

I'm still not interested, not bagging any gyro over a 5 speed currently. Kinda interested in JC's Trail whenever that might be released.

I also checked out the Eagle Envy, they are beautiful and gonna retail for $29.99. Y'all be sure to buy a bunch of them.
Trail definitely has a chance of kicking Orcs or Beasts out of my bag if it feels and flies nice, we'll have to see.

On OTB ordered my Eagle Envy 174g orange rim on orange plate 24.99. I had seen a Prism Plasma Envy same color scheme at PIAS and it looked awesome. To warm up for the proton time lapse, picked up a proton photon 169g burnt orange,

time lapse is flying well so far. pretty beefy in the 300-350' range forehand, but a little straighter / more glide than I expected backhand past 400'. Gonna keep messing sround with it and see if it makes the bag.

I'm glad i got to see a more proper gooder flying timelapse yesterday.
Good lord I thought they were all bad, that one actually had a little flip up to it.

time lapse is flying well so far. pretty beefy in the 300-350' range forehand, but a little straighter / more glide than I expected backhand past 400'. Gonna keep messing sround with it and see if it makes the bag.
I have two that aren't useless beefcakes...but they aren't exactly easy to throw either. My 171g if I give it just a tad bit of anhyzer it will have a real nice distance line type shot. But if i don't put any anhyzer on it, then it's going to be straight to fade out to about 400' max for me. I feel like I am putting a lot of effort into it for it to go that far. Meanwhile I feel like I get some effortless 360-400' rips on my insanity so idk...

Regarding the Pixel, for all those who care: when I was told they were like a P2 I wasn't interested at all. I have thrown P2's and they were awful feeling and I did not like them at all. The Pixel didn't feel nearly as deep as I thought they would. I don't know if it's due to less dome or a shorter shoulder but it feels a heck of a lot better than a P2. They putt especially nice. Having used anodes for a long time, I really appreciate the teeny bit of fade and stability this disc has. What really surprised me (I suppose it shouldn't have though) is that these are amazing throwers. It's just super straight with almost no fade. I really hope they make this disc in premium plastic.

Yep lol. After I looked closely I was like dang it...because i got that one for my Dad and its honestly the cooler one lol.
Does your Dad like green, lol. Yeah, that's going to be sick, that Prism Plaz Orange Envy I mentioned a few post up was so sweet, but I already had a baby blue with purple rim sparkle. So, I tore myself away from it and decided to wait for the Eagle Envy. I may not want to throw it, and order a 2nd ugly one, if there is such a thing.

Does your Dad like green, lol. Yeah, that's going to be sick, that Prism Plaz Orange Envy I mentioned a few post up was so sweet, but I already had a baby blue with purple rim sparkle. So, I tore myself away from it and decided to wait for the Eagle Envy. I may not want to throw it, and order a 2nd ugly one, if there is such a thing.
Im supposed to get a bright pink plate bright green rim one from DFX which might be my main thrower. But I pretty much throw all of my discs I don't really collect them to hang. I just have too many so...a lot of discs just sit around.

Im supposed to get a bright pink plate bright green rim one from DFX which might be my main thrower. But I pretty much throw all of my discs I don't really collect them to hang. I just have too many so...a lot of discs just sit around.
Yes, I'll be throwing it, no wall decorations for me. I felt the same way when I picked up the Prism Plaz Envy, and the Prism Plaz Pyro brownish plate, and sparkle blood red rim in the same month. Both looked too good to throw, 18 months later the Envy has lost its luster it gets used a lot, the Pyro still shines.

Find it strange that people think the PIXEL is to deep. .i dont think it feels deep at all.
I bought it just for fun but it felt WAY better than i thought it would.
And it flies nice to. . but i hope it will come out in a "throwing plastic "soon

Find it strange that people think the PIXEL is to deep. .i dont think it feels deep at all.
I bought it just for fun but it felt WAY better than i thought it would.
And it flies nice to. . but i hope it will come out in a "throwing plastic "soon

Hopefully, my experience will be the same. I prefer shallow putters (Envy feels nice, Nomad is a little deep), and ordered a Pixel despite hearing they were deep.

Worst case, my son gets a new putter. (He was able to feel one and said it felt nice.) And I like supporting Simon.

Latest posts