• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Seems I remember that MVP overmold discs have a metal band holding them together internally....seems like this would be an easy was to add to missing 20g or so.

Hey Seeds I just watched that Simon vid... so happy to see it.. Damn he flips stuff over so accidentally that I would need hurricane force winds to say oops like that.

Haha, happy to watch it, his mediocre average is probably my best round. Historical record #1 for the gyro annals.

And... "I'm campaigning to get MVP to make more white rims" .... :D :D :D "Black rims are tough to find my discin the bag " :D.. or sumthin like that... I almost choked on my beer! :)

... yeah no metal bands in mvp discs. Just plastique

Last edited:
After watching Simon's video. I have a feeling that he won't be putting with Anodes for very long. I wonder if that will be one of the first discs that he develops for his line.

He seemed to be throwing a lot of proton plastic. My personal experience is that the proton discs are actually a little less stable than their neutron counterparts. That Crave he was throwing didn't want to do anything but turn late. I think he would like a cosmic neutron better and it might fly more like the FD he is trying to replace.

Seems I remember that MVP overmold discs have a metal band holding them together internally....seems like this would be an easy was to add to missing 20g or so.

No metal in the discs. There are videos of them being cut up and there's no metal in it.

The new Simon Line of discs..... Same discs, just stamped different with SFN#'s. For instance the new Simon Crave will actually be a servo stamped with crave flight numbers so we feel better about ourselves when he flips it.

The new Simon Line of discs..... Same discs, just stamped different with SFN#'s. For instance the new Simon Crave will actually be a servo stamped with crave flight numbers so we feel better about ourselves when he flips it.

Yeah, I watched that video and I bag some of the discs he threw (Servo, Crave, Volt). I kept thinking....wait! My discs don't fly like that. Then I remembered....I'm not Simon.

I would have liked to see how the Hex flew for him.

And people kept calling me crazy when I said my Craves have some turn! Def more [longer] QJLS than Teebird in my experience.

That video did make me want to finally try a Photon

I can definitely see him settling on the servo instead of crave. For what it's worth I don't see a ton of difference between the two aside from the stronger fade on the servo.

Seems like there's room for something between a servo and resistor stability wise that he'd throw a ton as his workhorse fairway. Volt is a hair faster, crazy how for me it flies like a shorter pd but for him it's dead straight with minimal fade. He might just power down a volt but it can kinda bleed into that next step up in speed when hit hard.

I'd love to see him throw hyzerflips with a nicely seasoned glow insanity. Personally I've had better luck with the Tesla than wrath, would like to see what he could do with Tesla's as workhorse control drivers.

It'll take him a bit to reduce some overlap and find what plastics he prefers for which drivers. He's one of the most skilled pure throwers ever, dude just has to learn what works for him.

Yeah the way he's throwing he should pick up some fresh heavyweight fission Teslas so he can tell us all how they are perfectly Flippy control driver :D

But I feel like he's going to gravitate towards Axiom just for the colored rims

I can definitely see him settling on the servo instead of crave. For what it's worth I don't see a ton of difference between the two aside from the stronger fade on the servo.

For me, the Servo is flatter and works better for my forehand; whereas the Crave has a bit of dome and works best for my backhand. They both seem to have the same amount of fade for me.

If I would have known these Gyropalooza boxes were so good I wouldn't have waited so long to get onBox.

Wanted to get into gyro and at least see what MVP has that u might like. So I bought a Gyropalooza box.

https://youtu.be/at8WBL-bfJw

The Patent Pending Craves used to be slightly more stable than the Servo. Honestly it's just what he wants. I'd call them 6.5/5/-0.5/2 in most cases. There were a few flippy ones, but most were nicely stable. My new Plasma Craves are similar. Maybe he'll try one and figure it out.

I'm glad many had the same reaction. I started cursing Simon the second he flipped his Crave like a DX Leopard

The Patent Pending Craves used to be slightly more stable than the Servo. Honestly it's just what he wants. I'd call them 6.5/5/-0.5/2 in most cases. There were a few flippy ones, but most were nicely stable. My new Plasma Craves are similar. Maybe he'll try one and figure it out.

Agree 100%, and even the first FN run was more stable. I remember my craves were as stable than a Royal Rage FD2, which is why I fell in love with them. Recent runs of Craves are much less turn resistant and have me wishing for a more stable counterpart in the Axiom lineup, something btw Resistor and Servo.

Until then it's max weight fission craves for me, they're the most stable I've found in past 2+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro