[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

On another note, I've been looking into Resistors again, recently, and it's hard to find consistent info on the more recent runs.

I've thrown a regular Eclipse 2.0 Resistor manufactured in '22 or early '23 that I would probably give a 0/4 stability rating. I'm looking at maybe getting a 170g+ Neutron Resistor manufactured in late '22 or some time in '23.

Could anyone that has experience of them compare them to, for example, Glory or Opto Explorer, Opto Evader, Champion Teebird3, new FD1, Neutron Terra or Plasma Pyro?

If your waiting for your favorite disc to be produced, DFX Disc may have it for you. After losing a Plasma Wave 163g back in August a disc I lean on for woods play, I purchased.a 161g today. Go take a look. It seems we're right in the middle of at least a few dozen disc releases with the OTB Open release coming soon. You may be waiting awhile longer for reproductions.

Yeah I'm not real interested in that release but a proton soft vanish sounds cool. Hopefully a sign of some softer drivers to come.
That Vanish will have prism. The Proton Vanish was the second disc I picked up almost two years ago, straight but short on distance, bumped out by my first Fission Wave. I'll give a Prism another chance, so far, I'm 3 for 3 on Prism with the Eagle, Plasma Envy, and Plasma Pyro all keepers. I'll pick up the Vanish with the Prism Neutron Trance, and Prism Proton Hex maybe I'll have six keepers. I'll wait and grip the other releases when I see them at PIAS. I've cooled off on the Eclipse Orbital after thinking about that Wave from a year ago.

There are going to be some people upset with Gotta Go Throw pre-orders on the Eclipse Orbital, Watt, Servo, and Drift. On their pre-orders there being described in error with Proton. It was the first site I saw with the new releases, and I had a hard time wrapping my head around that one, lol.

Last edited:
On another note, I've been looking into Resistors again, recently, and it's hard to find consistent info on the more recent runs.

I've thrown a regular Eclipse 2.0 Resistor manufactured in '22 or early '23 that I would probably give a 0/4 stability rating. I'm looking at maybe getting a 170g+ Neutron Resistor manufactured in late '22 or some time in '23.

Could anyone that has experience of them compare them to, for example, Glory or Opto Explorer, Opto Evader, Champion Teebird3, new FD1, Neutron Terra or Plasma Pyro?
I've had an Eclipse Resistor, but not a Neutron. The only thing I can offer is that I've had Eclipse's Wave and Reactor, and their Neutron counterparts far exceeded the eclipse's in results, and closer to the flight numbers as well. The only exception was the Eclipse Hex booted out its Neutron counterpart. I kicked out the Eclipse Resistor with the Prism Plasma Pyro.

I'm about three weeks into a used Medium Electron Atom, and it flies dead straight from release point on approaches, great for putting have dropped a 75, and 84-footers. A little more than a week into a new Cosmic Electron Atom Firm at this time for putting only to challenge my Pixel. The Firm Atom is straight for putting as well, need to give it a 25 mph wind test, which the Pixel is good on. Both Atoms great grips. Last year I gripped a Proton Atom, wasn't completely sold on it, next time I see one I'll try gripping it again.

I think I will be looking for big things with their new plastic blends... I hate proton but the eagle envy and otb soft have been good. The new soft electron blend in the pixel is pretty sexy.

Played in some gusts today, eagle still fades a little extra but the front end is nice. The pixel is throwing close to my Ash plasma pp envy with a little extra turn and fade. The pixel has been grossly good. I think my buddy got me an backup soft on his order. I will keep trying to see where it will cycle to but might seek out a firm pixel to cycle next month if it keeps getting results, I'd also like to see what an extra 10 degrees C does to it. Disgusting how unaffected it was with wind, lots of elevators but it kept the track.

As a runner up, my millenium omega sirius 170g yard doggy is also grossly similar to the pixel...(exactly what it sounds like. A disc that lives in the yard I feed to my dog)

Wake the F UP PEOPLE!!!
They are selling us the bastard child of a beadless aviar and a wizard! And we are eating it up!

It doesn't matter what they're selling, you and Lee will buy a bunch of them.

Detour experiment is over. Patiently waiting on the Trail.
I'm taking the Eagle 🦅 approach, except I'm almost two years ahead of him 😀.

Haha yup, they get a bunch of my dollars, as long as it's 9 speed and under and doesn't have more than a 2 for fade I will try it out. If it's faster or more stable I "might" buy one 😜

1000002148.jpgGrouping at 150' pixel left, eagle far right, pushed far but faded hard and slow.

... and playing in moccasins... so nice!

Last edited:
View attachment 336310Grouping at 150' pixel left, eagle far right, pushed far but faded hard and slow.

... and playing in moccasins... so nice!
My Pixel on a standstill has turn on it, a work in progress. Eagle 🦅 standstill or three step looks great, turns, fades back in. Three weeks with the Electron Atom picking up distance with three step with ending turn, standstill a ways to go, way to much turn. I dropped a 74 footer yesterday with it, my third 70 plus footer putting.

FYI boys, the Eagle is an awesome fairway driver made by Innova before MVP molded a frisbee. I have two in my bag.

FYI boys, the Eagle is an awesome fairway driver made by Innova before MVP molded a frisbee. I have two in my bag.
My Eagle 🦅 seems to be on its way to becoming an outstanding approach putter. It's Stamp "Eagle McMahon MVP Official Team Series". I would rather keep it simple and will continue to call it The Eagle 🦅.

Attachments

• 20240330_164702.jpg
    20240330_164702.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Yeah as long as you know the difference between an X and an L. It's not like they stamp it on or anything
Pretty easy if you've felt the wing on both. I'm stocked for life with FDs so I don't need the Eagle L.
I would rather keep it simple and will continue to call it The Eagle 🦅.
But only with the three step, not the two step or standstill.

Pretty easy if you've felt the wing on both. I'm stocked for life with FDs so I don't need the Eagle L.

But only with the three step, not the two step or standstill.
The X and L conspiracy drives me nuts, the only way to know is to have been there or be really into innova. Most players have no idea when they go to replace a trusty Eagle, Beast, Whippet etc and get disappointed and not know why. They got me a few times! No more!

Bow down before the one True Eagle

East Roswell, 18 white. Note to self: you're a sublime idiot if you throw anything other than the fission defy. 315, slightly downhill, right in front of you with the smattering of well placed trees.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Played my first round of the year with my 10-year-old. Grandson. Back in the fall I had let him use my Eclipse Proxy and he had bagged his first birdie. Today I gifted it to him, along with my Eclipse Envy. Had him throw a few before we got started so he could see the stability of both discs. He loves the Proxy, poled an approach, and almost dropped in a few others on his way to ten pars today for his best round. He knows to use the Envy for fades to get around trees. On the 18th dropped in a Proxy putt from 32 feet (he ranged it) for one of his longest putts. I don't think I'll miss either disc they were not being used much, even before adding the Pixel, both Atoms, and the Eagle. Our next time out, I'll let him use my Plasma Proxy, I won't miss that one either.

I'm pretty much settled on using the Cosmic Electron Atom Firm as my primary putter over the Pixel. The grip is so much better, very few two putts with the Atom compared to the Pixel. C2 dropping more putts with the Atom, with the Pixel they can just be flat out bad. I dropped one today with the Atom, and my grandson ranged it at 53-feet. I do know that the Pixel is solid in C1 with 25 mph wind, have not had the chance yet with the Atom. It's possible the Pixel could still be with me for strong wind days, if the Atom lifts too much for two putts.

The Electron Atom Medium is just golden putting and approaches. Grandson ranged one of my long putts at 61-feet, and my longest yet with the Atom at 92-feet. It's straight in putt, sometimes with a slight ending fade, always around the basket. For wooded play, I'll keep the Plasma Nomad for long putts when I need a fade, I've dropped several with the Nomad in the almost year that I've had it. But it can miss bad sometimes. The Atom, standstills are still a work in progress.

My overall best putter going on more than a year and a half is the Plasma Envy, from C1 to approach. May not be the best in some areas such as Standstills or 25-mph wind in C1, but in that same wind C2 and out it's like a laser.

You guys are finally talking about something important in the mvp thread. Yes the eagle x-l thing is silly and the refusal to make it obvious is ridiculous. Innova also refuses to make star eagles in anything but with the hideous innvision stamp. All that said eagles are the greatest fairway driver ever. Especially when you include the eagle3 also know as the millennium vela. Eaglex gives you line shaping magic and the vela gives you the ability to throw through tight tunnels.

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled envy talk...
The X and L conspiracy drives me nuts, the only way to know is to have been there or be really into innova. Most players have no idea when they go to replace a trusty Eagle, Beast, Whippet etc and get disappointed and not know why. They got me a few times! No more!

Bow down before the one True Eagle

Picked up an Eclipse Crave 167g today, and my first fission putter an Envy 168g. What I didn't pick up was the Eclipse Pitch. The grip was okay, but the core seemed too flippie, decided to pass it up. Better grip than the neutron. I'll wait on the proton glitch.

Some practice field fun, the fission envy and Electron Atom on each other, orange Eagle Envy surging ahead, and Crave off photo right. The Crave reminds of the Eclipse Reactor, dead straight. The Envy surges into headwind just like my fission insanity and rhythm. Today's wind 10 to 15 mph.

The bleachers concrete make excellent tee pads. I can throw in different wind directions. Another set of bleachers behind me.

Attachments

• 20240405_115152.jpg
    20240405_115152.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240405_113106.jpg
    20240405_113106.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts