• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Feedback Thread - We would love to hear from you.

The only two discs I have are the Neutron Wave and the Soft Electron Ion. I'm not good enough to throw the Wave yet, too fast for me. But I love the Ion. Can't find a more straight throwing putter. I can throw that thing 200' in a straight line or on a wicked soft fade or on an anny that levels out and hits the ground flat. Feels good in my hand as well and I like the rim on it as it doesn't get too damaged on impact. Pretty resilient little disc for being as soft as it is.

To your other points I don't have a lot of feedback as I don't have much more experience with your products. I think maybe some more beginner friendly discs (lower speed) would be a good addition. You look at brands like Innova and Discraft and a lot of their market is the lower speed discs for learning that can transfer well into a pro's bag.

. And there is a slot in the bag for the disc with hard fade at 200 feet. Gotta turn corners sometimes.
I have more stuff on order currently. Would love to find a fairway driver to rival my favorite teebird. Still looking.
Still a fan.
Also, i love the non stamped discs. Just cooler....

Yo fairway driver... neutral beating to understable... Relay

Slight turn to hard hooking/ late dumpy fade... Switch

What do you like, or would want to see updated?

You guys need to add the flight numbers to the pull down menus so you can quickly find a disc if you know the flight numbers you are looking for, instead of having to open each disc's page to see the numbers. And Soft Neutron Ions.:popcorn:

What do you like about our:

Discs:

Do you like the plastic?
I am a fan of the plastics, nice variety of durable vs grippy. Very consistent feel and look to them. Also the plasma and base plastics have been a very nice addition IMO.

How does the rim feel?
Generally good, although I do not like when the name is printed on the outer black rim section of the mold. Would prefer it on the plate like most companies.

Domey? Flat? Preference?
I prefer more flat discs, They feel better in the hand, however, whatever the mold is just make them consistent. I think having some dome to distance drivers helps with glide, where mids, putters, and overstable utility discs should be flatter.

What would you like to see next? (Yes, we know about the OS Mid/Puttersoon™ )
I would like to see a blunt faced fairway driver. Like an overstable utility that fits really well in the hand for FH shots. (like the trident was for trilogy)

Bags
I would like to see a bag that has a built in seat.

Overall:

I think the best thing you have going for you is the consistency of the molds. Keeping the business and mold variety smaller while being more consistent in flight is what separates your discs from other brands IMO. I love that I can buy a 173-175 Mayhem off the rack and it will fly exactly like the one I bought a year ago.

Excited about the Deflector, then thoroughly disappointed to pre-order one at 167-68 just to be told they are being offered above 170 only. Greeeeeeaaaaaat - the company that makes the best lightweight discs in the world either makes a limited number of them or none at all, depending on the mold.

Excited about the Deflector, then thoroughly disappointed to pre-order one at 167-68 just to be told they are being offered above 170 only. Greeeeeeaaaaaat - the company that makes the best lightweight discs in the world either makes a limited number of them or none at all, depending on the mold.

If it's popular, maybe they'll make it in Fission.

^^^ This. I also prefer midranges around 167-168.

Tossed a buddy's Axis when they first came out and fell in love with the flight. But never purchased one because the Axis is only available well above my preferred weight.

The primary reasons I throw as many MVP/Axiom discs as possible are:

1. Available in light weights; and
2. Consistency of manufacture.

So yes, no Deflectors in the 160s may keep me from even trying the disc.

^^^ This. I also prefer midranges around 167-168.

Tossed a buddy's Axis when they first came out and fell in love with the flight. But never purchased one because the Axis is only available well above my preferred weight.

The primary reasons I throw as many MVP/Axiom discs as possible are:

1. Available in light weights; and
2. Consistency of manufacture.

So yes, no Deflectors in the 160s may keep me from even trying the disc.

Help me understand this. What is attractive to you about a light weight overstable mid?

Help me understand this. What is attractive to you about a light weight overstable mid?

I throw more consistently when each class of discs - midranges, putters, fairways, distance drivers - has a consistent weight. For example I prefer putters 170-3, mids 166-8, etc. Jumping around in weights sometimes leads to early/late releases.

So the attraction is not specifically a light overstable mid; the attraction is having a mid that is the same weight as my other mids.

Although I will say that light, overstable discs in general can be very fun to throw. It is quite entertaining when one of my "paper plates" stands up to a strong headwind when others are turning over their max weight drivers. :D

Does that answer your question?

While the rest of me feels considerably younger, my right arm turns 68 this year.

The other reason is, being on the waaaay downside of the age/performance index, it's much easier to snap a 167 disc than a 180.

Just seems like if this is the case, then you really would not need a mid this OS. I guess what I am saying is, a mid of lesser overstability but higher weight, will fly like you need it to.

Just seems like if this is the case, then you really would not need a mid this OS. I guess what I am saying is, a mid of lesser overstability but higher weight, will fly like you need it to.

A fair point, though for my bag I seek the full stability range (US-OS) in lighter discs I throw hard. Whether I need the Deflector's overstability is unknown until I can throw one in my weight range. My most-used mids are really putters: 166 Neutron Envy and 167 Pro Pig (for which MVP has absolutely nothing comparable). All my fairway and distance drivers are 147-162 (most MVP/AXIOM), with true mids 165-68 and putters 170.

I'm an early and big MVP fan. No, that's not accurate -- I'm a disciple, testifying unprodded to the consistency and value of their products, and fully crediting their discs as essential to two world titles. I just wish they'd offer more selection in lighter weights. It's frustrating when, inevitably, MVP/Axiom's newest juicy mid or driver debuts with NOTHING under 165 or even 170.

Sorry guys...but i b.s on 99.8% of ppl here even noticing a difference between a 168 disc and a 170 one. Thats solidly an issue between the ears. Disagree all you want, but its true. So refusing to try a disc soley based on the fact its 2 grams lighter than you "need" is beyond silly. Just my opinion....

Sorry guys...but i b.s on 99.8% of ppl here even noticing a difference between a 168 disc and a 170 one. Thats solidly an issue between the ears. Disagree all you want, but its true. So refusing to try a disc soley based on the fact its 2 grams lighter than you "need" is beyond silly. Just my opinion....

I agree weight less than that of a penny is undetectable, but the issue for me is not the difference in 2 grams; it's the difference in 10 to 15 grams, at which there is a distinct difference in snap, RPMs and resulting disc flight. Almost all of the Deflectors are showing up at 175+ and I want one 10 grams lighter.