• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

Disc golf masterpieces.

From the mold to our fingers. Wow we are on the next level of gyro action.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out the Ion a little bit more. I'm used to Anodes that want to push straight no matter if you throw them flat, with a touch of hyzer, or a touch of anny. They just correct it and mush forward. The Ion I feel on a flat release will go straight with a touch of fade. On a the most slight/incidental anny it is 100% straight without really any fade. But on any hyzer it holds and shows an overstable flight. It seems to be a pretty different line between a perfectly flat flight to a release with a slight hyzer. Does this sound pretty consistent? I definitely love the disc and am impressed how it gets the same distance as the Anode but with more stability, I'm just trying to really understand its characteristics.

What plastic are you throwing? Or multiple?

For their putters there is pretty much zero difference in flight across plastics. Hell there's barely a difference between min and max weights. My 155 Proton Ion flies just like my 175s, albeit a bit more glide.

For their putters there is pretty much zero difference in flight across plastics. Hell there's barely a difference between min and max weights. My 155 Proton Ion flies just like my 175s, albeit a bit more glide.

Yeah ive always been surprised by the 150 class putters from MVP. Very fun to throw.

My max weight soft neutron ion is stable, the other two ions i keep in my bag 153 soft eclipse and 154 plasma are substantially more under stable. My goto driver mold the Tesla, i have same results. Max weight are super over stable and my 143 gram fission Tesla's turn into rollers. Maybe i just don't know how to throw lol

Drivers are different. But the ions are not any less stable when light. Could have smaller beads but even a beat ion isnt understable. Max wt softs are slightly OS when new.

The only Ion I've had that was remarkably more overstable (more HSS than anything) was an old opaque proton, from right before the clear Proton came out. The overmold on it seemed shrunk compared to other Ions so the bead was aplenty but more noticeably the Wizard-esque bullet nose was sharper, probably gave it a higher PLH. It was still basically an Ion though, especially compared to modern runs.

Fwiw on a hyzer ions will fade more vs envy due to the glide. Love a nice big bead ion 4 sure.

Last edited:
What's the distance to the basket there Aim? Guessing around 300 or so. Is that a reg neutron ion

No damn good reason at all as far as I'm concerned.

Ma! The soft neutron ions! We want em! Now!