• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

I'm honestly very ok seeing some discs go OOP, Vector included. There's nothing wrong with being ready and willing to evolve with the times, and having a "nothing is sacred" mentality is part of that.

Adapt or go extinct, boys.

And quit whining so much.

its nice not to be bound to a contract and be able to think with my mind instead of having my mind locked by a signed piece of paper

if innova cancelled the ROC could they survive? id discraft OOP'd the BUZZZ would they be able to pay their rent?

MVP: hold my beer

Since when does MVP make a mid anywhere near as popular as a Roc or Buzzz?

*crickets*

idk but im sure the mvp ambassadors on this site will have some words of wisdom or will be an apologist

really just turns me away from mvp :gross:

idk but im sure the mvp ambassadors on this site will have some words of wisdom or will be an apologist

really just turns me away from mvp :gross:

Turn away! Nobody is stopping you! In fact, I encourage it. Go find a company that you enjoy, and makes the choices that keep you satisfied. Go find some JOY in disc golf! That's the point, isn't it?

I hope you find some kind of positive energy, dude! Good luck out there!

I'm sort of confused. I tried the Vector and it's not bad, but I never loved the feel. Then the Matrix came out and I think it's fantastic, really amazing flight and feel. But it doesn't seem to be very popular.

I'm sort of confused. I tried the Vector and it's not bad, but I never loved the feel. Then the Matrix came out and I think it's fantastic, really amazing flight and feel. But it doesn't seem to be very popular.

Matrix had a bad rollout due to them claiming it was, iirc, "The most torque resistant mid ever from MVP" and they were anything but that. Also, a lot of us just throw Envys.;)

Also remember how fragile those first Matrix were. Mine lost its stability in two weeks of normal use. I still have never figured out what MVP was trying to do with that blend of Proton.

I agree with Brutal, the bad launch killed it for many of us.

As for the feel, this is personal, but they never made it in firm plastic.

Last edited:
Turn away! Nobody is stopping you! In fact, I encourage it. Go find a company that you enjoy, and makes the choices that keep you satisfied. Go find some JOY in disc golf! That's the point, isn't it?

I hope you find some kind of positive energy, dude! Good luck out there!

thanks for the permission

the mega plus rimmed vector is its major downfall

then the whole domey vs flat and the wild differences in stability from that

When I threw a domey N Matrix for my first impression it flew like a flat tire. It reminded me of a Cro...it had decent HSS without too much LSS, but underperformed for a mid in pretty much every other way. I just went back to my Vector and didn't give it another thought.

Fast forward to the great cut of summer's end '19 and suddenly I was wondering about the Matrix again. I grabbed a flat Proton in that terrible clear blue MVP color because it felt nice and was the only one near my weight. That was a couple months ago and I'm loving the thing. It is like a gyro Buzz/Buzz SS hybrid. It's analogous enough to a Buzz that I've been hitting some lines for the first time since I dropped the Buzz almost a decade ago. I just need a brighter color.

How does a Matrix compare to a Vector anyways... is it a semi suitable replacement?

This Buzzz n SS comparison is making me interested. I only have a SE "matrix print" Matrix and it's still unthrown right now. I like the Vector if I had more power, it isn't stable enough to cheat with an extreme angle but it's reliably straight to a fade. Feels like a Buzzz/ Wasp in betweener closest thing I have to a Buzzz is the Tangent.

I'm real excited to see the new offerings when they show up.

How does a Matrix compare to a Vector anyways... is it a semi suitable replacement?

This Buzzz n SS comparison is making me interested. I only have a SE "matrix print" Matrix and it's still unthrown right now. I like the Vector if I had more power, it isn't stable enough to cheat with an extreme angle but it's reliably straight to a fade. Feels like a Buzzz/ Wasp in betweener closest thing I have to a Buzzz is the Tangent.

For me it flies like a Buzzz that I like the feel of better. Heavy ones may have better HSS than a Buzzz, and I can throw them FH somewhat, which is something I couldn't do with a Buzzz.

What some have said about the launch killing it makes sense. I was completely disengaged from buying MVP that that time and then got one in a pinch and really liked it. I still throw the Bard as my main mid but if I were to make a change I'd probably move from throwing Justice/Bard to Deflector/Matrix.

The Vector was just underwhelming for me. It flew like a Roc, but just not quite as much glide.

I'm probably the only person who never liked the Buzzz or Roc all that much. So maybe I'm not the best person to ask...

The Vector was just underwhelming for me. It flew like a Roc, but just not quite as much glide.

I'm probably the only person who never liked the Buzzz or Roc all that much. So maybe I'm not the best person to ask...

I wouldn't say that. I didn't like the Roc when it came out and never threw a Buzzz because I was told it flew like a Roc. You're not alone--there are more of us!

No.

I tried that. The proton Matrix discs I threw all had less high speed stability than my Axis, much less my Vectors.

I love the way they feel in the hand, and they fly nice...but they aren't what I want in a mid. I don't want a mid that flies an S curve. I want one that goes straight then fades, one that goes straight, and one that turns a bit without coming back. Vector + Axis + beat Axis has consistently delivered that for me for years.

The Matrix strikes me as a really nice mold for bags that only want one or two mids. The Matrix + an OS mold would make a nice combo for more powerful throwers, and a Matrix + more understable mold for lower power players.

If the Matrix flew like a Buzz for me the way it does others, I'd have bagged it immediately. That mold with 0 HSS would be $$.

I'm really curious to see the new mids, and best believe I'll be giving them all a shot.

Last edited:

Latest posts