• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP vector vs axis

1hardHucker

I recently purchased a few anodes and I love them. I bought a few of the vectors for some mid range duty; however, I noticed the axis is another mid range. What is the differences between the two? I wish MVP's site was up because I think the anode is a good disc and I want to get more, but i want to read about them before buying a few.

There are threads dedicated to each disc that have volumes of info here, but quickly, the Axis wants a lot of snap, so if you don't have it, it will be a very unreliable disc for you.

Ions work very well for me, but the Axis does not.

Anode is my favorite putter. I love it. The Vector is a beautiful overstable mid. Only better Mid is the Buzzz imo. I dislike the Ion and Axis. Buzzz can be your Axis. Anode can do everything the Ion can imo. Look at the Threads.. Most have over 1000 posts I believe.

thanks guys. I think the search tool should be modified to be improved. If you enter any keyword, the output will show you tons of threads that are not even related. Then you have to search each thread individually. Anyways, has anyone heard of when MVP will have their site up?

The axis was stable/under stable, but as they've produced more and more they seem to have just gone to stable. Buzzz killer in my opinion, and I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

thanks guys. I think the search tool should be modified to be improved. If you enter any keyword, the output will show you tons of threads that are not even related. Then you have to search each thread individually. Anyways, has anyone heard of when MVP will have their site up?

it doesnt need to be changed at all. you just need to know how to use it. put in vector and change the search to Search Titles Only and pick the Equipment Section only.

The axis was stable/under stable, but as they've produced more and more they seem to have just gone to stable. Buzzz killer in my opinion, and I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

Right! There's 4 other guys that feel the same way.....

The Axis sees more action than any other disc in my bag besides for putters. I do not necessarily trust it when approaching and I am looking for more touch than distance, in which case I use the Anode, but I have been using the Axis for shots I normally used a fairway driver for. They love to be powered up and remain completely straight from start to finish. They are hard to flip or turn, but if you get them on an anhyzer line they will hold it without burning into the ground or trying to fight out of it too early.

I have now completely removed drivers out of my small bag for numerous courses and there are a few more courses where I might throw in a Sword or King for just a handful of shots. At Blue Ribbon Pines I can think of only seven drives out of twenty-seven where I need to use a driver

For me, the Axis won't replace my Buzzz, but is making a push to replace my comets. It requires a little more enticing than the comet for anhyzers, but is way less touchy.

That being said, I have all three in the bag right now. There is some overlap both ways, but still different discs.

thanks guys. I think the search tool should be modified to be improved. If you enter any keyword, the output will show you tons of threads that are not even related.

Choosing "search thread titles only" eliminates this problem.

First run Vector's are beefy as ****, while the newer production run ones are significantly less overstable (still stable). I threw them and they wanted to replace my Buzzz and my Drone at once, so it was a bit confusing. Dropped them, tried the production run, and after a few months all I can say is I'm glad to have my Buzzz back in the back (doesn't mean I'm not still holding onto some Eclipse Vector's, lol). The Axis is just neutral, it goes where it is told to. In the midst of switching between Vector types and a few other molds I gave them a shot, just weren't for me. I wanted SOOO bad to replace my Buzzz's with them - I just couldn't.

Anode and Ion are both in my bag, and both are just lovely. Ion's have a tick more stability and due to a different nose and bigger bead they can exist beside my Anode's safe and sound:)

Vectors want to fade more to the left or right than the Axis when they slow down. Lots of lateral movement in their fade. FR domey Vectors are the most OS and newer Vectors are closer to Roc stability.

Axis stays more neutral through its entire flight. The two I carry most are a green and red eclipse Axis. The green one has a bit of dome and on a hard rip goes dead straight then fades just a bit at the end, like a Buzz that's a little straighter and moves forward more as it fades. My flat red eclipse Axis with more wear is a little less stable and can by hyzer flipped to flat for a dead straight flight, or hold a mild right turn to the ground if thrown with a touch of anny.

Axis is a lot like the Anode stability wise, just mid speed instead of putter speed. I find them rrliable at a variety of distances too, they don't need a lot of snap to hold a straight line. Even 100' of power does it.

The Axis sees more action than any other disc in my bag besides for putters. I do not necessarily trust it when approaching and I am looking for more touch than distance, in which case I use the Anode, but I have been using the Axis for shots I normally used a fairway driver for. They love to be powered up and remain completely straight from start to finish. They are hard to flip or turn, but if you get them on an anhyzer line they will hold it without burning into the ground or trying to fight out of it too early.

I have now completely removed drivers out of my small bag for numerous courses and there are a few more courses where I might throw in a Sword or King for just a handful of shots. At Blue Ribbon Pines I can think of only seven drives out of twenty-seven where I need to use a driver

7!? Wow. I pulled out my Champ Valk, GL River, and ESP Buzzz FLX the most. I just love my buzzz's too muxh.. The distance thing... Just wow.

7!? Wow. I pulled out my Champ Valk, GL River, and ESP Buzzz FLX the most. I just love my buzzz's too muxh.. The distance thing... Just wow.

BRP Hole 1 - Axis
Hole 2 - Anode
Hole 3 - XXX
Hole 4 - Anode
Hole 5 - Anode (Majestic Layout I go to Axis)
Hole 6 - Axis
Hole 7 - Axis
Hole 8 - Teebird
Hole 9 - Anode
Hole 10 - Anode
Hole 11 - Axis
Hole 12 - Axis or Teebird, depending on how I feel that day.
Hole 13 - Anode
Hole 14 - Sword
Hole 15 - King
Hole 16 - Axis
Hole 17 - Axis
Hole 18 - Teebird
Hole 19 - Boss
Hole 20 - Boss
Hole 21 - Anode
Hole 22 - Axis
Hole 23 - Anode
Hole 24 - Teebird
Hole 25 - Axis
Hole 26 - Axis
Hole 27 - Sword

I guess I misspoke from my poor short term memory. It was 9 out of 27. My point, however, is that the Axis has taken over on eight holes I used to use drivers and the Anode has taken over on two holes I used to use mids.

Even on hole 1, on calm days I am tempted to go at it with the Anode because the stone barrier in front of the basket is my distance. I come up short of the basket, so no ace run, but that stone wall is only 12 feet off the basket, making it an easy two, always a great way to start BRP.

And about the Axis, it is close to fairway driver distance , but i admit, not quite there. What I am sacrificing with more Axis shots is the 1 in 4 spectular shots I used to have with my drivers, or now less ace opportunities. However, with those 1 in 4 spectular shots I had at least 1 in 4 horrendous shots with the remaining 2 in 4 being no different if I had thrown the driver than a mid.

I would not call it disc golf maturity, but I am at the point where I will sacrifice a few ace opportunities for keeping more in the fairway. More often than not I am not really sacrificing anything, but I am greatly reducing those bad shots.

I am really looking forward to the Majestic to see if this can hold up to a big tournament.