• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Wave

My new CN is not more stable than my Plasma. It's about the same stability, but surprisingly it seems to be a straighter flyer. I have to throw it more to be sure. I have a feeling that once it beats in, it will be as understable as my drowned N was.

I guess the wording on this has me a bit confused.....same stability, but straighter? So your CN has less turn, but the same fade, as your plasma?

So Plasma Waves are stable?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would say no, I have one neutron probably a first run 155, I can turn a plasma 162 wave easier... I almost ditched the mold until I grabbed my plasmas... but there's always a freak disc or two, I can't comment on CN's

I guess the wording on this has me a bit confused.....same stability, but straighter? So your CN has less turn, but the same fade, as your plasma?

It seems to have a same amount of turn but less fade, making it a rather straight disc for 300-330 or so throws for now.
Once it beats in, it will surely have more turn than my plasma has.

It seems to have a same amount of turn but less fade, making it a rather straight disc for 300-330 or so throws for now.
Once it beats in, it will surely have more turn than my plasma has.

Interesting. My plasma has a significant amount of turn, and little fade. Usually on a hard flat rip, it just turns right the whole way and doesn't come back. My CN doesn't show much turn at all, and has a nice gentle fade at the end. I'm throwing them a little bit farther though so maybe that's the difference? I'm getting 350'-375 out of both my Waves pretty consistently now.

Interesting. My plasma has a significant amount of turn, and little fade. Usually on a hard flat rip, it just turns right the whole way and doesn't come back. My CN doesn't show much turn at all, and has a nice gentle fade at the end. I'm throwing them a little bit farther though so maybe that's the difference? I'm getting 350'-375 out of both my Waves pretty consistently now.

Depends how its thrown, yes. If I full rip my plasma it goes all the way left (LHBH) and never fades back, no matter how much hyzer is given. 350 is easy with it. 390-400 is doable but it needs space. 390-400 in a tight corridor is much safer with a Plasma Photon and likely also with a CN Photon for me.
I haven't got a change to full rip the CN Wave yet. I need to go to a field for that.

Last edited:
I haven't tried a proton but I believe from less stable to most it's: fission, plasma, proton?, neutron and cosmic neutron

This matches my experience with Waves, although I have not tried fission or proton.

So from lots of personal experience in weights from 152 to 165, less stable to most stable would be plasma, neutron, and cosmic neutron.

Edit: I have had a Wave in the bag since at least spring 2017.

Last edited:
My newest is a Fission, and it's either most or second most stable Wave I've thrown. It also looks to be a higher quality molding. Did they change the way that disc was made?

I'm wanting a cosmic. I already have a proton and I found a Neutron, ill be returning it soon. The Neutron is too floppy, even on a hyzer. The proton is pretty good on a hyzer but I kinda want a more stable Cosmic.

My newest is a Fission, and it's either most or second most stable Wave I've thrown. It also looks to be a higher quality molding. Did they change the way that disc was made?

Ditto to above and they refined the fission plastic just a touch.

So what's more stable new Fission or CN? My head is spinning?

Cool. I'm looking to get similar lines but without the hyzer flip.

could someone break down where CN and Fission fit in. Right now i have N>PL>PR

I was popping my 157 Neutrons pretty good today. 400' pretty consistent with no wind. That said, the Missouri winds were kicking up and knocking the waves out of the sky on some hard turnovers. Gonna have to add either heavier or something more OS back into the bag. What's the concensus? Neutron Photon in 157 wt or should I pick up a 167 wt Wave.

I pair with Teslas but I don't fight a lot of wind, more like moderate wind, sometimes. I use a fission 162 Tesla for that spot. People say it's not great in big wind, I could see that from the way you can turn it too much but it works for me here. Doubles as my FH driver. But I'd try a heavy Wave first.

I was popping my 157 Neutrons pretty good today. 400' pretty consistent with no wind. That said, the Missouri winds were kicking up and knocking the waves out of the sky on some hard turnovers. Gonna have to add either heavier or something more OS back into the bag. What's the concensus? Neutron Photon in 157 wt or should I pick up a 167 wt Wave.

Have you thrown a trace? For me it fits between my wave and photon. I usually throw that if its a bit too windy for the wave

Have you thrown a trace? For me it fits between my wave and photon. I usually throw that if its a bit too windy for the wave

I just bought one with funny money. Are they as long as a Wave? Wing looks a little slower.

I am attempting to build an 11 ish line up of drivers to avoid the wider rims for a while. Wave will be in there. Maybe a Wraith or two. Trespass, etc. Maybe a Maya for big turn overs.

Latest posts