• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My 19yr old bag, being reborn

ghostkid

So, I started playing back in 1993 in high school. I started with a Shark. After a few months I picked up a Whippet, Birdie, and Eclipse. My bag was a video game bag for a NES system. It was the perfect size for all the disks. I only played for a couple of years then I moved from Oklahoma to Indiana and really didn't play much and just stopped. My 6yr old son started to throw frisbee's in the back yard and found my old disks in the Garage. And he got me back into the game. So, here is my old list and my new list with some on the way. The first day back out stopped at store to update a little and get my son a disc.

OLD BAG - NES game system bag
Shark - Friend borrowed and was lost in a tree (also only disc I ever aced with)
Eclipse - Liked how it flew low and under trees (given to my son now)
Whippet - Great for the Oklahoma wind
Birdie - Only putter disc I knew about back then.

I kept my Whippet and Birdie and added a couple discs.
Whippet - Always liked this into the wind
Birdie - She's been good to me
Katana Blizzard Champion - Really like the distance this used as my driver.
T-Bone - used this one as a fairway driver still getting the hang of it.
Soft Magnet - liking how it doesn't deflect off the basket. Still needs broken in.
I got these used couldn't pass up the deal.
Monarch Champion
Beast Chanmpion
Fuse Opto

My bag is being updated right now I have Fade Crunch on the way.
Soon to come a Tee Devil Blizzard.

I really like the Katana, Monarch, Fuse, Magnet the most right now, as I get back into the sport.
Looking to add a Roc and Buzz to the bag, to see how they fly. I liked my nephew's Roc and have heard a lot about
Buzz, maybe go with a Ti, But I have been thinking of the Gold line Fuse in a different weight or two. And in case I lose
my current Fuse.

Welcome. That is plenty of disc molds so i wouldn't get any more than what you listed. After getting to know them and seeing which ones give you the best results you'll know which discs suit you best and which ones are just in the way making you think why didn't i pick the other disc?

Okay, I'll hold off unless I find a deal. Can't pass on 5 dollar or less discs just to throw and see how they fly. Maybe the disc diver retriever would be better for the bag before more discs.

I don't have the bag but I'll see if I can find a picture.

Well, I list my bag and the next day the Fuse is gone in some really tall grass. Hopefully, some one finds it and calls.

Need to replace it either with another one or one these.
Fuse
Buzz
Roc

We seem the same age- I played disc golf during college years (94-97) and then forgot about it for about 10 years and now I'm into more than I was back then. Haven't gotten back into hacky sack yet.... Anyway, Opto Fuse is such a great disc. It can fly straight with a bit of fade or hold any anny line you put it on with no fade. (Thrown flat, it gently, almosts imperceptibly, coasts to the right). In a headwind, my Z Buzzz behaves similar enough that I can switch to that for the same shots.

Rocs are a totally different animal. They work great for touch hyzers and S-curves. Rocs are more versatile but, I'd say less predictable, but another player would prefer two Rocs of different stages of wear where I use a Buzzz/Fuse combo.

seriously give the roc/comet combo a try. the two discs were a match made in heaven

That's what I found out about the Fuse it went right on me into the tall grass. Now that I realized it can go to the right like that. I definitely going to pick up another and maybe in a gold line and opto. They didn't have any at my local shop so I did picked a BuzzSS just to give it a try.

I will see if some one has a comet I can try.

Going to my first League night At Blue Heron Park in Franklin Indiana. My bag for the night.

Blizzard Katana
Blizzard TeeDevil
Champ Monarchies
Champ Beast
Buzz SS
Quest T-Bone
Whippet
Banger GT
Soft Magnet
Bag Fade Crunch