• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Baby - Uh, I mean my new homemade disc golf basket

View attachment 4186

View attachment 4187

this is the baskets my son built and won second place in the Texas State high school welding competition. based (obviously) on a discatcher pro from their specs, but built with heavier gage metal....and premium quality chain. It will last forever.

:clap: Congrats on his accomplishment! That is a real beauty and I love the name.

Anybody else notice his basket is the same basket on the website logo on top.

Please tell me you did that on purpose!

the raw metal ran us about 100.00
the chain ran us 50.00 from home depot

the labor was free and my sons welding class provided him all the equipment he needed.
Thanks for the compliment. when he said he was going to build one I didnt expect anything close to this quality.
He is computer genious with his sights set on M.I.T. not your normal blue collar mechanic type (like me). I did ask him to take the welding class, just for balance in life. Gain a little confidence in his hands and develope some mechanical ability.

I guess all that calculus does come in handy...I couldn't be prouder of him.:)

Smart Choice, Alot of engineers can think of what the want to create, but now your son will have a an advantage knowing how to make it.

Sir, I am running a welding contest of my own, and I will waive the admittance fee for your son. Please send completed basket to my house for judging/practice

Latest posts