• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag critique

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1.5 years now(6 months of being serious now)
Throwing Style: LHBH (LHFH when needed)
Golf Distance (avg/max*)
putter: 200/230
mid: 250/280
driver: probably closer to 360/ just barely over 400

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Love how I know what disc to use for most shots. Need help figuring out when to use a certain disc

Bag:

Fast Drivers:

Z Nuke SS 170-172 Brand New Use it to get good distance for a tailwind, have to hyzer flip on a normal shot. Getting used to this disc. Only been in the bag for a week now.

Champion Beast 167 Brand New Using this when I need to get a shot in the fairway with good distance.

Star Destroyer 175 Semi Used Use this for shot that need distance and a good amount of fade at the end. Also have a 169 Pro that I use in a tailwind

Champion Beast 175 Beat Use this for a shot that needs a little fade and to not really turn back over for about 350'

Star Beast 172 Beat Use this for a distance shot that needs to turnover. Also have a Star Roadrunner 169 and Champion Roadrunner 168 that do the same things.

Slow Drivers:

170 Champion Eagle Brand New Use this for shots that i want to have a good amount of fade, or a headwind shot. Finally getting used to it. Throwing it about 330 consistently when I put about 70% on it.

172 Star Eagle Semi Beat Shots that I want more turn, but a lot of fade at the end. Its just a backup for my other Eagle right now.

175 Pro Leopard 7.5/10 Use this for shot that are about 330 that are dead straight shots. Looking to get a new Leopard, cause this one turns too much for me every so often.

2012 Ace Race disc Have 2 of them sitting in the bag. Both are 172-173. They basically decide if they will turn over or go like a longer buzzz. I have 3 other used ones and 2 brand new ones that are out of the bag for now.

Mids:

Z Buzzz 170-172 Brand New Use this as my go to mid range for dead straight shot under 300.

Z Hornet 166-169 Brand New Use this for a shot that is in a headwind or a shot that I need to rely on finishing to the right. Use it for shots closer to 270 or so right now. Not very confident with it yet.

Putters:

175 SS Wizard 9/10 Use it for driving, up shots, putting. I feel more confident with this on a warmer day, rather than a cold day.

175 JK Aviar 9/10 Use this for most of my up shots and putting duties. Feel confident with the grippiness of the disc.

170 KC Aviar 10/10 Use this for hot day putting when I am in the circle. Been using it lately for driving on short holes.

Been switching between the KC and the Wizard for driving, just haven't found the one I'm more confident with yet.

Been switching a lot between the JK and the Wizard for putting, just can't decide which one I like better.

Any suggestions for the holes in my bag are much appreciated. I use the Grip Eq bag so I can fit around 20 discs in the main pocket, 1 in the front pocket, 2 putters up top.

I see a big hole in your midrange area. I highly recommend getting an understable mid. Something like a Fuse to handle turnovers and shorter hyzer-flips.

See I was thinking something like the meteor or something like that, or even the new roc in a lighter weight. I just threw one and it flew like a flippy shark. I go disc shopping in the weekend, so anything before then would be appreciated. Looking to really get ready for the 2013 season, plan on doing a ton of tournaments. First year of winter disc golf this year, so anything that can be found in a bright color is a must have.

do you FH at all. I completely compensate dogleg right with my FH and drone, but i once used a hornet.
otherwise, seeing your other mids a meteor would be good, and most people say better than comets consistency.
one thing i really enjoy about my wizards, is as you say playing in different temps, they feel different. i have wizards from medium down to rff. when i putt practice the morning of the tournament, i can let the putter tell me which one ill use that day by how frequent it was going in over the others

Drivers

Star Destroyer 175 -
Z Nuke SS 170-172 -
Champion Beast 167 -
Champion Beast 175 -

Fairway Drivers

170 Champion Eagle
172 Star Eagle
175 Leopard

Mids:Z

Buzzz 170-172
Z Hornet 166-169

Putters:
175 SS Wizard
175 JK Aviar
170 KC Aviar

Your drivers look ok I do not really see any holes. You could trim down a little if you were looking to do the minimalist thing as you have some overlap.

Mids look good

As far as putters those are all good choices. Inside of 30 they all fly about the same. You just have to find out which one you like better.

If you were looking to add discs, you could add multiples of the same mold in in other weights or plastics to give you more versatility.

Cheers - koffee

Thanks Koffee, think that I'll take the ace race discs out, unless they make some stable runs that fly like a leopard. Thinking about adding the nuke to the bag. Should I keep all the drivers put in lower weights? mids around 170-174 to keep more control? How many of drivers, mids, putters is in an ideal bag? trying to slim my bag down and put mutiples in the bag.

Thanks Koffee, think that I'll take the ace race discs out, unless they make some stable runs that fly like a leopard. Thinking about adding the nuke to the bag. Should I keep all the drivers put in lower weights? mids around 170-174 to keep more control? How many of drivers, mids, putters is in an ideal bag? trying to slim my bag down and put mutiples in the bag.

Weights are one of those style things at your power level. I am in the 400 plus range and I like discs anywhere from 165 - max. I can always find a use for almost any weight in a mold i am throwing.

I personally like to keep multiples near max wt of my work horse discs that way I have one ready when I toss one in the water.

As for numbers, I usually carry 2 to 4 discs of each mold. I carry from 5 to 7 molds in my bag

Cheers - Koffee

Latest posts