• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My best putter is ...

I was a Yeti Aviar guy for a while. I liked the puddle top, and the feel. The problem was that even if I was just putting with one, the nice grippy feel I prefer seemed to wear quickly. I still use one for my primary 'tee' putter.

I resisted the Ion for a while, just because I thought they looked goofy. Got one with some merch bucks after volunteering at a tourney, out of curiosity, 168g, blue, and I find it to be $$$. It seems to never lose it's tacky feel, and it's sneaky glidey. I strictly putt with it. It actually hasn't occured to me to get one for some field work to see how it flies as a 'thrower.'

For putting, the disc will depend on your grip...seems like everyone grips for putting a bit differently.

Putters I've tried:

Aerobie:
Sharpshooter #3

Ching:
Juju- Supreme and Power

Davedevil:
Beaver

DGA:
Proline Titanic
Proline Reef
Blowfly
Gumbputt

Discmania:
D & S P1
S P2

Discraft:
Challenger- D, Soft X, FLX
Focus- D & ESP
Magnet- Soft, D, Z, & Cryztal Flx
Rattler- D
Ringer- D
Zone- D, ESP, Z, Cryztal Z

Gateway:
Magic- SS
Voodoo- HPP, M, S, SS, SSS, OG
Wizard- HPP, S, SS, SSS, SSSSS, OG, RFF
Warlock- S

Innova:
Birdie- DX
Aviar- DX
JK Aviar
KC Aviar
Yeti Aviar
Big Bead Champ Glow Aviar
Rhyno- DX, Pro, R-Pro, Champ, XG, Star
Pig- Pro
Dart- R-Pro, Star
XD-DX

Lat64:
Spike-Zeroline
Sinus- what ever they both are
Pure- Zeroline, Gripline, Opto, GL

Millenium:
Omega SS
Big Bead Omega SS
Omega AP- M, Sirus

MVP:
Anode- M Proton
Ion- S Proton (early), M Proton (early), M Proton current

Prodiscus:
Premium Jokeri

Vibram:
Ridge- M, F
Summit- F
Sole- M

I have a problem!:wall:

Current love: Omega SS, I've actually been putting with this for almost a year now.

Omega SS in Hunter Orange. I don't know why the color matters but it just does.

Also R-Pro Aviar. Same color. Same disc.

Thanks. But not enough to make a difference to me.

I'm a weird guy,

Champion Aviar, Strangely gummy in warm and hot weather.
M Sole for wind

I need something that feels good in the cold weather. Like which plastic of an Aviar is best in the cold?
DX? KC?

JK in the cold is money..i use the firmer pre flight # JK's..preferably san marino and yellow with red stamp..perfection

Did Magnets, Darts, Rhynos, Ions, Anodes, Yetis and Pures.

I learned a lot from the Yeti, hated the MVPs for actual putting, still throw a Rhyno in the wind, but I'm putting better than ever with the Pures.

Current love: Omega SS, I've actually been putting with this for almost a year now.

That was my 2nd putter, adfter a #2 putter from Lightning. Used it for a few years until I found a JK in a trade. Then used those for years, but recently switched to DX Aviars and love it. Firm, but not so firm I think i'll blow through chains like my KC Pro's feel.

Current putter: Pink DX Aviar factory seconds. Really dig it, comes out nice, still feels good in the cold too. Only used for putting about to about 45'. Outside that I use KC or JK instead. Keeps my putters in better shape for what they are made for, sinking putts!

CryZtal Challenger.

XG Gummy Champ Rhyno for driving off the tee and upshots. Pro Rhyno for putting. LOVE the Rhyno. Overstable enough to handle windy days but no so much that it wants to hyzer putt like mad, enough glide to drive with them but not so much that over-shooting upshots becomes a problem.

my favorite putter was my jk pro aviar. I had that thing for about 8 years or so, until I lost it in the drink. Since then I have decided to try more putters as many more have came onto the market. I have the MVP Ion and Annode. They are awesome for driving of the tee. I will probably pick up another jk pro aviar or 2 as my putters.