• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first 800 round

Wolfen70

I'm only 3 months in already out driving most people at 56 yr old. Approach shots are killing me and Ive missed a ton of "easy putts". But my drives are really nice. I would have tied for last place in Intermediate even though I was Rec. I'm happy.

keep it up! I'm two years younger and don't have a killer drive. but my approaches and putting keep me beating a lot of "better" players. as dirty said, get yourself a practice basket.

That's awesome. Congratulations!

Related question, can anyone speak to the reliability of round ratings in the DGCR app? I have two kids under three years old so i can't get time to play tourneys and actually have some solid ratings. Can i trust DGCR and get excited about milestones like this one?

Related question, can anyone speak to the reliability of round ratings in the DGCR app? I have two kids under three years old so i can't get time to play tourneys and actually have some solid ratings. Can i trust DGCR and get excited about milestones like this one?

Probably not since ratings are based on the the ratings of the players on the course for a particular day. Remember, it's not you against the course, it's you against the other players when it comes to ratings.

Hi Wendell,

The round ratings feature in DGCR is essentially as accurate as the course 'foliage' value (i.e. lightly wooded, moderately wooded, or heavily wooded) and hole lengths are at capturing its overall difficulty. For some courses, it's very accurate, while for others not so much. If you can post the particular courses you're interested in, perhaps someone here can chime in and suggest if the particular DGCR ratings for those courses are appropriate or not. :)

Congrats from a fellow Half Centurian!

Probably not since ratings are based on the the ratings of the players on the course for a particular day. Remember, it's not you against the course, it's you against the other players when it comes to ratings.

I haven't been playing long enough to worry about ratings yet, so I had no idea that they were not based solely on score and difficulty of the course. Thanks for telling me this!

Latest posts