• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first ace

EclipticOne

Birdie Member
Time-12:00 p.m.
Place-Riverfront Park, OR
Disc-Dx Destroyer 175
Hole-11

It was soo sweet cause i didn't even hit the gap i wanted. It sailed a little right in through some trees. I looked away thinking it was a tree shot for sure. Next thing i know is the sound of chain and look back to see my disc settle down in the basket. Mark Kester(discgolforegon) was on hand to witness the shot and sign the disc for me! I was so thankful my beautiful wife was with me to share in the joy. I get to retire the disc now :). I am officially a member of the ace club now :cool:

Congrats, for sure.
I'll get mine, one day.

It was soo sweet cause i didn't even hit the gap i wanted.

Sweet to me would be hitting the gap I wanted, but thats just me. Then again you have an ace and I don't so take my criticism with a grain of salt, I just would be more psyched if I did everything I wanted to. If I misthrew hit a tree and then it ricocheted in I would be embarrassed but I will still talk about it too!

Sweet to me would be hitting the gap I wanted, but thats just me. ... I just would be more psyched if I did everything I wanted to. If I misthrew hit a tree and then it ricocheted in I would be embarrassed but I will still talk about it too!

This seems to be a case of the eye-brain-body doing the right thing, regardless of what mind thought was the way to go. An ace is an ace. The body knew better in this case.

The tree-ricochet I would brag about, too, but that's random chance. Having your body throw an ace after years of practice without your mind's permission is still you doing it!

My 2 cents... nex

sounds good I hope i dont get ripped to badly for my comment. I would take an ace no matter how it happened, but i would feel way better about one that did exactly what i wanted it to. I almost threw in a 75 footer yesterday that did everything I wanted except it fell just 1 foot under the basket instead of going in.

I also threw a practice shot on a hole I had a bad misthrow and from 225 promptly nailed the post on a fly. 2 feet higher and it was in. It wouldnt have been a technical ace because it was a practice throw from the tee, but it would have counted in my head!

Dont worry about it to much harr. I didnt expect it too much. I havn't hit chains ever. The closest i have got was hitting the bottom of the pole. I threw hole 8 just like i wanted and it dove at the bottom of the basket and it went 7' past.

that's awesome, congratulations!

i've only got one ace, and it was a similar situation in that i didn't see the disc go in the basket, but hearing those chains rattle was amazing!

congrats on your first ace!! I like to retire my discs after 3 aces after which it goes into the hall of fame!

I think maybey your subconcious saw a line and made it happen! Congrats, I hope to join the club some day.

I got my second "Practice Field" ace today. I had my practice basket at the 225' mark, and I threw my LS Polaris, and it nailed the chains. It was cool to see, but I want to do it on a course.

thats pretty sweet. i really should practice..

I have a portable XM Radio, so I put my headphones on, and set up my basket, and have a good time practicing. I really like to practice on Sunday nights, because they play "American Top 40" from the 80's on XM. Nothing like listening to Casey Kasem, while practicing.

Latest posts