• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My First Dye's

TahoeDan

Bogey Member
Well I tried to dye earlier this summer and it was a total disaster. I attempted to hand cut stencils using contact paper. I have zero artistic skills and I can't draw a straight line much less cut one. So with handcutting out I wanted to try the plotter route. So I3oo I3oo helped my out and made me a few stencils so I can give it a try before laying down the money on a plotter. Well here are my first two attempts.

The first one is a 1 color (black) on a Pro Leopard.

DSC01464.jpg

The second one is a 2 color (black and sunshine orange) on an Opto Vision.

DSC01466.jpg

Overall I am happy with how they turned out. Now, I am going to look into software to start working on making my own vectors. I am afraid this could get costly.

Nice work Dan. I used to be big into dyeing but got to lazy with the hand cutting. If you get a plotter maybe I could give you some $ or discs for some stencils.

I gotta say that it seems like you did a hell of a lot better than I might have on my first attempts.

Keep at it.

Great to see the finished product, glad they came out well for you. They both look very good, nice job.

Welcome to the addiction. Nice clean lines on your first dyes. Hand cut or plotter?

They are from a plotter. I tried hand cutting and failed! Yes, I am hooked. Yet, getting frustrated quickly learning new software. I have zero experience with this type of software. I downloaded Inkscape and spent around 4 hours screwing around with it and now I am more confused then I started...

my first attempt resulted in the dye washing off. lame. where do you guys get w/e you are using to create the stencils? any suggestions where one could find this type of stuff?

Latest posts