• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first stencil dye

TrippinBill

Eagle Member
1stdye.jpg

I was going to have an nes controller on there too, but as it turns out, I can't cut circles to save my life. I had to start over 3 times, and just decided to leave it out and just do the zapper. Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:
when i have circles to do, i try to not lift the razor, use the tip only (new blade if i have to), and stay STEADDDDY.

i practiced them on scrap vinyl till i got them done

I love the zapper idea. Looks great! As for cutting circles, get an exatco with a swivel blade. I know it's an extra expense, and it does take a little bit to get used to, but it works great for me. I couldn't find an Exacto brand one, but got a Fiskars one from a local Michael's craft store. If you keep the handle steady and do not twist it, let the blade twist, it works pretty well. Keeps you from having to lift the blade. That, for me, is what caused most of my jagged circles.

I love the zapper idea. Looks great! As for cutting circles, get an exatco with a swivel blade. I know it's an extra expense, and it does take a little bit to get used to, but it works great for me. I couldn't find an Exacto brand one, but got a Fiskars one from a local Michael's craft store. If you keep the handle steady and do not twist it, let the blade twist, it works pretty well. Keeps you from having to lift the blade. That, for me, is what caused most of my jagged circles.

Yeah, I couldn't find one around town where I live. I'm going to pick one up next time I"m out of town, or I'll just order one online. I can add the nes controller later I suppose.

Latest posts