• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My journey to 450feet consistently. Help!

I would recommend learning using a full pendulum backswing, so the backswing has more momentum/inertia away from your body. The way you drop your arm/disc in the backswing and start moving the disc targetward early isn't helping. Your arm/disc are moving east in transition and your arm collapses into body/hugging yourself/rounding.

Work on Door Frame/Bow and Arrow drills, you should still be coiling back while shifting your hips targetward.

I had a quick session yesterday.

1.png

On the left side I start out with a normal shot, this is what I normally do.

On the right side I try to over exaggerate my elbow (get the elbow more West), what I'm trying to accomplish, is to commit having the disc/hand on the same angle through the throw.

2.png

On the left side, I can tell that the disc is very close to my chest. Is this collapsing? I can also tell that at elbow is at 12 o'clock.

On the right side, I can tell that at elbow is pointing at 11 o'clock. The frame could also be a bit off.

3.png

On the right side, I can see that the disc get ejected at around 10-11 o clock, while at left side get ejected around 12 o'clock. Frames could also be bit off, I don't know.

I'm trying to get a better understanding what collapsing really is, which hopefully will make it easier for me to fix.

On to a different subject or perhaps it is connected?

I did try out "bow and arrow" drill yesterday, and one the things I noticed is how my posture with my elbow in my run-up seem wrong. I will show a video of what I mean. I tried to change the posture of my shoulder.

On the left side, there is video from last week, on the right side I'm trying to keep my right shoulder in line (same height as my left shoulder). The line is supposed to show deviation.

What would you recommend me doing first? Trying to fix my posture or work on collapsing? You have or know of any other good videos about PP?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I would recommend learning using a full pendulum backswing, so the backswing has more momentum/inertia away from your body. The way you drop your arm/disc in the backswing and start moving the disc targetward early isn't helping. Your arm/disc are moving east in transition and your arm collapses into body/hugging yourself/rounding.

Work on Door Frame/Bow and Arrow drills, you should still be coiling back while shifting your hips targetward.
:)

What would you recommend me doing first? Trying to fix my posture or work on collapsing? You have or know of any other good videos about PP?
If your real goal is to get to 450' consistently, I would first recommend working on shoulder/upper arm forward movement timing. At this point in the shoulder orientation of your throw, be aware that GG, Wiggins, AB and others have already released the disc and you are still trying to get into the power pocket. Work on trying to actively move your upper arm before your shoulders get in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_7637.jpeg
    IMG_7637.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 78313EF6-39E3-492B-A273-8A055189E15D.jpeg
    78313EF6-39E3-492B-A273-8A055189E15D.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 0
My main goal is to go deeper into power pocket. How do it looks? I must say it feels a bit weird and it doesn't necessarily feels natural. Anyways I'm okay by doing so, as long as it looks better. I assume it feels better the more I do it.

Your head/chin is in the way of your shoulders turning back and forth too flat/horizontal. Swing your shoulder back vertically underneath your head/chin. Do a Door Frame Drill where you are in a position like Kyle below, note how his head is leading and shoulder pulled back underneath/behind chin.

Screen Shot 2023-09-30 at 1.12.27 AM.png

Now that I see your last message, I went to work for 2 weeks after your last review + plus I've been ill. Therefore I assume this is still relevant? You have any drills or videos you recommend me regarding "shoulder in the way".

Lately I've been working getting more nose-over-toes.

In this video I'm doing the "old" me.

In this video sample, I'm trying something new. I don't know if it is worth fixing. I'm trying trying to have my first step in my run-up more in line with my body. When I take my first step, I'm trying to have it closer to my body which will results being more nose over toe.
ooooool.png

I did some measurement while I was doing the throws, I didn't try extremly hard, but something I could repeat over and over. I can tell that I throw very nose-up, anything tip on this?

Some angles close up.

1. You are holding your elbow up over your shoulder. Relax it more.
Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 3.50.57 AM.png

2. You are very forward facing going into x-step and then turn your head rapidly before your left foot plants and then turns even further back. Note how Jared starts more closed going into x-step with head already turned back slightly and then it doesn't really turn back more as the rest of the backswing lines up to it. Also note how he is in more athletic/running/linebacker posture with head over foot. You are too upright and behind heels.

Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 3.32.13 AM.png

Last week or so, I've been working on planting more closed on my first step, if not more closed, not be planting too far left from my body on my first step.

Looking better or still the same?
comparison-01.png

From the screenshot I took, it doesn't look that much better.

How is my "shoulder" looking in comparison to before? My head is less trapped now? Looking better? It's ofc very slow pace on these.

Comparison from todays session vs last session I posted:

I'm throwing very weak on the right side.

I like the pendulum pump one the best, but you turn your head back too early/far (on all of them). When I try turning my head back early like you, I feel like I'm falling over backward. Keep your eyes on disc! I think you should stick with the pendulum pump for awhile if you are going to use an x-step. Otherwise I'd stick with standstill with short stride, or Elephant Walk Drill, Double Dragon, Reverse Stride.

Your Drew style ones are all starting in the funky chicken posture with your elbows extremely high in backswing. I don't think any pro drops the throwing elbow downward in the backswing, but you are. So you are effectively shortening your backswing by dropping the elbow or starting the forward/down swing early, instead of making the backswing longer length. Simon starts with his elbow very low/humerus is hanging vertical and then rises into top of backswing. You could mess around with a windmill backswing.

Hi again.

Status lately:

I've been working a bit on my first step (step before x-step), I have the "normal" me in comparison to "new" me. When I'm new me, I'm changing up my first step. I'm trying to not plant out from my body, but below my upperbody.

Is "new" me looking better, more nose over toe?

dg-#1.jpg

I would say I probably throw with 50% power on these shots.

I had two shots with "normal" me which actually "hits/touches" my left nipple. I don't see any difference when I have them side by side.

"Normal me" vs "New me" - Side by side

Backview

Sideview

Opinions?

I think the normal was a little better.
I would recommend you start by standing upright relaxed instead of crouching before you start moving. Get more athletic as you start to move.

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 5.33.27 PM.png

Hard to tell. You are planting quite open stance. I would work on Elephant Walk Drill.
I try to keep my eyes on my disc back and forth.
Not sure what you mean by stopping shoulders from rotating. I try to delay shoulder rotation until planting and then let it go.

I've been doing some work after I got home from work.

I'm trying to start off more closed and a little bit more sideways, a little bit more like Jared. Should I even be a little bit more sideways?

I'm also trying to get my shoulders away from my chin, to prevent me from turning my head early. I've noticed more acceleration and harder to stop myself. Is it better or should my shoulder drop more?

I assume when you are talking about "planting quite open stance". Is that the my rear foot and my plant is fairly in seen from a backview?

Comparison to the last time I started working on my first step:

Opinions? Am I onto something, better?

1. Your shoulders are moving late and the opposite of Jared, easy to see the difference in where the elbows are in the top pic and the difference in the shoulder tilt in bottom pic. Your lead shoulder is retracted and trail shoulder protracted while Jared's lead shoulder is protracted and trail shoulder retracted.

2. Your spine/torso is too straight or even opposite side bend of Jared. Note how Jared's lead shoulder gets lowered down toward his hip/knee while trail shoulder extends away from trail hip.

3. It shoulder feel quite different changing this so you start out leaning more towardward and over knees, instead of leaning back away.
Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 2.15.57 PM copy.pngScreen Shot 2023-12-19 at 2.43.41 PM.png

Do you have link to the video out of Jared, Kyle Klein and the other guy in blue? I want to study this subject closer, I think my first step ruins a lot.

I can see the difference between me and Jared on your top picture. I'm more open and have the chance to actually look at my target, while Jared only gets to see his target in his sidevision. This is how I understand your 1st point.

I also understand what you say about spine/torso, our footwork looks somewhat similar, but my upperbody is much more "open" in comparison.

I'm trying to lean more over my knees, I thought the angle I had on my back/spinse was deciding the angle I was releasing on. Is followthrough more of a deciding factor in what angle I'm releasing on?

Anything I did through my newest recording an improvement? I had one that hit my shoulder, what is causing this? Reachback too tight?

What do you guys think about one of the changes that I've done.

I'm trying to coil up different, get my elbow lower. I can tell my right shoulder also get lower.

Comparison from today vs a couple of days ago.

--.jpg