• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My MVP setup

MvpForest

Hey, I have been playing disc golf about four years and have just this year become way more consistent. 4months ago I made a decission that turned my inconsistinecy to consistency. A year ago in my home course my results were something between +8 at best to + 18. Now my results are -1 to +3 from last month. I switched my whole bag to axiom / mvp. I want your opinions about my bag, if there is something missing and what I should do next.

My bag: Axiom Shuttle bag. This bag is ok, i can put 20+ discs in it but I'd love to have a bag big enough so I can put my jacket in it if necessary. But i have became so big fan of mvpdiscs that I do not want to buy a bag from other manifacturers. Tips on bags much obliged.

My main putting putter is electron soft envy 175g. I've had succes with it lately but I feel it may be a tad too overstable so I already ordered an electron soft Ion. My putting style is spush hyzer. This is one thing that I have became consistent with. I have my pinky on the rim, and index finger on the outside of the rim and other two fanned out. I picked Envy because it is so low profile but I feel now that im more consistent with my putting style I might be ready to change to thicker putter Ion. I like electron soft plastic because it gives good amount of spin even that I dont have to press the putter from anywhere.

My throwing putters are:
Eclipse envy 175g hyzer / Straight. I can throw it about 70metres constantly. I throw it off the tee most often of my putters. It does not flip from my throws.
Neutron Proxy 175g on hyzer angle it pops up to straight and goes about the same distance as my envy.
Neutron Entrophy 173g This is my main approach disc. I throw envy a lot more of the tee but I feel entrophy is way more consistent in certain situations. If the approach shot needed is straight then i pick my proxy and hyzerflip it since it flips so easily.

Neutron reactor 175g just understood how I should throw it. I can get it up to 80- 90metres on hyzer angle. I get a bit more distance out of it than my putters.
Neutron Alias 175g I like to hyzerflip it up to 80m straight holes. Takes tourque way better than proxy.
Neutron Deflector 171g this is so overstable that I rarely use it and I have not had so good succes with this. This flies pretty low distances with my throws.

Plasma Volt 167 This is for longer hyzers. About 100 metres+ and I throw this one.
Neutron Fireball 171g 80m sharp hyzer and this is my go to disc. If I must throw forehand I almost always use this one.
Neutron Impulse 172g on max hyzer i can flip it over and it goes right after 60 metres. This is a must have in my bag since I dont do forehand off the tee.
Plasma insanity i have 2 of these. Released on hyzer angle they flip up and mostly go dead straight for 110 -120metres. Sometimes they even go right from hyzer angle if I throw them too hard. This is the disc I can throw my longest constant throws.

Neutron Photon 160g. Long hyzers, sometimes I get the flip but not often.
Neutron Vanish 160g i feel I could get the most distance out of this but it flies pretty inconstant so I rather pull my insanity as my max distance driver.
Neutron mayhem, just put it in bag. Havent thrown yet but Im quite certain I cant throw it yet like i would want.

My style is 99% backhand with 3 finger stack grip. If I throw with powergrip or 3 finger powergrip I get noseup releases from time to time and no snap. My forehand throws are quite awful. I have been wondering if my old sport injuries are the reason my wrist does not turn so much as most people. Thats why my grip is a bit different. I place the disc between index and mid and on top of the base of the thumb.

My metrix rating is currently 900~ trending up since I have became constant with my throws but I'd like to improve. I'm sure discs make a big difference and i've been wondering if i should go even all plasma drivers. Or if I should force the forehand to become consistent but i always go back and forth with my FH grip and sometimes some else grip works and the next throw it wont thats why i change it all the time....... At my best FH drives I have been able to throw about 70m but it's very inconsistant. I have watched a lot of instuctional videos but most of them haven given me anything.

What to do next? Do i need to keep working with my current setup until it starts working or keep switching. Im most constant with my insanities, and envy. Most inconstant with my distance drivers and entrophy.

And bonus question: Did my form improve or did mvps gyro discs hide some of my flaws or why did I get way better after the swap? A bit of both?