• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My new tye die box and first dye

I did this one with both colors at the same time.
tyedye001.jpg

This one is just one color obviously.
tyedye002.jpg

Both of these are finished products after the dye has dried and been cleaned off.

They still look wet, I want to scream "GET THAT DYE OFF YOUR COUCH!!!"

Well done, keep em coming!

I've never died my own discs, what is the dye? Can you use dye and stencils? How much dye should you use?
Thanks!

Biz
Team Bert

I've never died my own discs, what is the dye? Can you use dye and stencils? How much dye should you use?
Thanks!

Biz
Team Bert

There is a ton of threads about stencil dyeing in this forum. I've never done one personally. The dyes I do are done with a spin box. There is pictures of it on page 1 of this thread.

As soon as I get some more colors, and more discs I will post plenty. I throw a lot of pro plastic, and it just wont take the dye.

I hear that all the time, but I've NEVER had an issue with Pro plastic. If you look in my gallery, the Rolling Stones, Homer Simpson, Blind Squirrel, all on Pro plastic. I love how well it takes dye, and I love how grippy it is to throw. Maybe I'm just lucky, I'm not doing anything different as far as heat/ time/ dye mix goes. I have lots of white Pro discs itching to be dyed in my stock!

As soon as I get some more colors, and more discs I will post plenty. I throw a lot of pro plastic, and it just wont take the dye.

The David Bowie and Prince dyes in my gallery are both Pro Katanas. (Sorry for not linking, I'm using my Droid :D)

I hear that all the time, but I've NEVER had an issue with Pro plastic. If you look in my gallery, the Rolling Stones, Homer Simpson, Blind Squirrel, all on Pro plastic. I love how well it takes dye, and I love how grippy it is to throw. Maybe I'm just lucky, I'm not doing anything different as far as heat/ time/ dye mix goes. I have lots of white Pro discs itching to be dyed in my stock!

I only do spin dyes for now. I did the white r-pro aviar you can see on the first page, and after 24 hours of drying, you can barely see it. The star plastic dried for 24 hours as well, and came out great. I think it probably has something to do with the heat used when doing stencil dyes, or maybe because my mixture for spin dyes is half dish soap. I'm not really sure because I am very new to this. Maybe it's just the r-pro that doesn't take the dye well. Hmmm...I think I might have to try some regular pro plastic now to see what happens.

Last edited:
Pro plastic takes dye quite well from the two that I have done.........both of these dried for about 12 hours before they were washed.

Attachments

• P1010753.JPG
    P1010753.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 37
  • P1010754.JPG
    P1010754.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 35
Pro plastic takes dye quite well from the two that I have done.........both of these dried for about 12 hours before they were washed.

I have since dyed two pro plastic discs, and they take the dye very well. R-Pro however, doesn't take the dye at all.

Nice looking discs by the way.

I have since dyed two pro plastic discs, and they take the dye very well. R-Pro however, doesn't take the dye at all.

Nice looking discs by the way.

Correct. If it's not just regular plain old PRO, it won't dye as well. R-Pro, KC Pro, etc almost dye like DX plastic, meaning they barely take if at all and fade quickly.

What is your recipe for the dye you use on those? Or ratio of dye and soap? And are you using liquid Rit or powder with the soap?