• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

my newest dyes

skinner21

* Ace Member *
I dyed 4 disc last yesterday. the first is a super ugly Chicago White Sox logo (GO CUBS!) that I did for a friend on a Z Surge. It came out super clean and we my most succussful of the day.

The second is a bob-omb I did on a Champion Wraith. I made it a little too large and there is some bleeding underneath wear I got a little too close to the edge. Overall though I love it.

the third is Darth Vader on a DX Aviar. This was the only one I cut by hand (the others were from my new vinyl plotter). I didn't leave it in long enough and it is really light. My first with DX and I won't be using it again.

Attachments

• Chris 007.jpg
    Chris 007.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Chris 008.jpg
    Chris 008.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Chris 009.jpg
    Chris 009.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 39
my final disc that I did was my first attempt and a 2 color dye, and while it is my favorite design, it was an unmitigated disaster. Bleeds everywhere, lines from where I made some rookie mistakes with the plotter.:mad: Oh well, it was only for me anyway. It is a Zig Zag rolling paper logo on a Star TeeBird.

Attachments

• Chris 010.jpg
    Chris 010.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 42
hey I could use some tips on dyeing. When you gonna be out at Eagle or Jericho?
AAron

I don't know. I'm having a hard time getting out there after work now that it's getting dark so early. If you give me some advance notice when you're out I can try and get out of work on time for once. My weekends are full for a while too. Just send me a pm and let me know when you going out.

Nice work!

about the Vader disc...
in my experience, DX, especially white DX, is very dye resistant, so it may not have been just not leaving it in long enough

I agree with SnowMongoose... Innova DX and Discraft X plastics are not very good for dyeing. The cheaper the plastic, the less absorbent it is to the dye, so make sure you're always working with high quality plastic (Champion, Star, Z, or ESP) if you want your dies to turn out right.

Latest posts