• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Naples, Florida March 7th-14th

tbostonfish

Hey! I have commented on a few course facebooks and sent a few messages to local groups near the Naples area. I am looking to play a few rounds, maybe even get in on a league night. Anyone have any information on any course near there? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Bonita Springs is an OK course too (used to be awesome until they took out all the melaleuca trees). Its been several years, but I used to join them a couple times a year when they had Sunday AM league (10am if I remember correctly).

True. Bonita is ok, and does have a healthy league.

Thanks for the first hand information. It does not look like Estero has a mid week league, sadly. I may be able to make the sunday at bonita, but is it only a 9 hole?

Looks like I might just be playing casual rounds with locals; which of course is fine.

Bonita is now 18. But, the original 9 had 2 sets of tees very well designed that gave very different looks to almost all the holes. John Houck design on the original. Layout is a little confusing first time through.

Map shows routing accurately, but some tees 8-16 were hard for me to find. And the map is very faint when reading in the sun on your smartphone. I recommend printing it.

Estero map is now updated. I played a year ago for the first time and they had re-routed some of the course and it was very frustrating.

Estero is a better course, but only a 2.75 in my book (an average course....if I'm being generous) and Bonita Springs is about a 2.0 (below average)....but the throws required still make it fun. DG in SW FL is weak. Sarasota has some good courses if you have time to drive a couple hours north.

Bonita is a little better now. It was crazy for awhile though. Shouldn't have a problem navigating it with a map now. Estero is much better now. I think it will be better than the Sarasota courses. Our North Port Charlotte course is pretty nice, and prob hosts the most for midweek handicap in the SWFDGA. Its a bit of a hike from Naples though.