• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nastiest DG Injury?

I do not like this thread. A big reason I got so into DG was because I tore my ACL playing soccer pretty soon after I started DG, and DG was pretty much the only sport I could still play. I actually was out on the course once I could get around okay with only one crutch. So I don't want to hear about all these DG injuries- I thought this was one sport where my legs were safe!

That being said, I will still check this thread for more nasty injuries.

I thought it was safe too after I dislocated my leg playing soccer, tore meniscus in both knees from basketball, partial ACL tear and broken ribs from football. After I started playing DG regularly I fractured my push off foot and had to sit out almost 3 months!

can't remember who it was but there was someone a few years back who stuck a pointed stick through his arm following through near a tree.

Just watched the video, wow that is vicious. Was he pretty doped up in the video I would not have been that calm.

I think the ultimate DG injury would have to be the one sustained by "Steady" Ed in his last tournament.

Fly free, pal.

I know Renny was out to get me that day I played there, I can't count the number of times I slipped or tripped on roots and nearly stumbled 30' into briers. My buddy once broke his hand a bit following through into a tree.

Ouch...

Nobody said dg wasn't dangerous!

I fractured my sturnum while playing at the old Skyline Park in Dallas.

You could'nt see the basket from the teepad because there was a slight rise in front of the tee with a flat fairway for about 250' then a small drop to the basket location. You could see the pin by boosting up on the tee sign.
I did a full two arm press on the sign and then it suddenly dropped out from under me impaling me onto the post. (it seems there were no bolts holding it up...someone had stuffed a stick in the bolt hole to hold the sign up)

About 15 minutes later I got my breathing back to normal. Played the hole and attempted to play the next hole before deciding it was too painful.

The thorasic surgeon was amazed I was able to walk in for x-rays.