• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a big driver

815PowerBoss

So for a while i had been using a 172g Star Boss that i could bomb 400+ and now i am using a 171g Avenger SS which i can put in the same range. For a while now ive been looking into the force as my superior power driver. im just really looking for some input on the force before i make a decision.

For that distance. I might go with a predator or if you want something. More overstable than the avenger SS just get an avenger. Not SS.

The flick is also a crazy overstable and fast disc.

From Boss to Avenger SS? Thats quite a switch.

Have you tried a Destroyer?

I'd say avenger or surge, surge is my favorite max distance driver, at four hundred feet i would say that the force would also be a very good choice, that disc is FAST.

So for a while i had been using a 172g Star Boss that i could bomb 400+ and now i am using a 171g Avenger SS which i can put in the same range. For a while now ive been looking into the force as my superior power driver. im just really looking for some input on the force before i make a decision.

I think when you talk about switching from a Boss to a Force your kind of splitting hairs. They are very similar with the Force being a touch more overstable. If you like the Avenger SS and how flippy it is Id say go with a more understable long distance driver like a Katana or Surge SS, or just a regular Surge for that matter.

KATANA! This disc has taken our area by storm, everyone seems to have one now! Awesome disc! As far as it being understable, I don't think thats a big adjustment, just crank it with a little hyzer - It can take alot of power behind and fly amazingly long straight shots about head height mmmm

Or for something more overstable, can't go wrong with a Destroyer or Xcalibur (I find the xcalibur a little more difficult to throw straight)

If you can put a disc out 400+ what is the point of buying another that you can put out 400+?

If you can put a disc out 400+ what is the point of buying another that you can put out 400+?

This, though I would question the distance reported, seeing as how somebody throwing 400+ with a Boss would flip the **** out of an Avenger SS, let alone a lighter one...and probably have their own opinions of what to throw...but I digress, we all know the debate between real and internet D.

Anyways,
I guess my questions to the OP would be:
1. What do you like about the Boss?
2. What do you like about the Avenger SS?
3. Do you throw forehand or backhand?

Give us some more info!

The Force will be great for hyzers and flex shots but might not have the pure D potential as those other discs. It's more like a "power moderately overstable driver" than a "power distance driver." It's really good at it, though.

From Boss to Avenger SS? Thats quite a switch.

Have you tried a Destroyer?

My friend has a destroyer that ive crushed on more than a few occasions but so far its hasnt shown me anything overly exciting that i couldnt do with the boss or avenger. and ha yeah it is quite a switch, i love the boss but something about the avenger i can just glide it on a perfect line without any trouble.

I think when you talk about switching from a Boss to a Force your kind of splitting hairs. They are very similar with the Force being a touch more overstable. If you like the Avenger SS and how flippy it is Id say go with a more understable long distance driver like a Katana or Surge SS, or just a regular Surge for that matter.

A surge? Ive looked at them a few times and ive been recommended it a couple times. I just need to find someone with one so i can give a go.

Sorry to tell you this but you have maxed out your D when talking about discs. Your not going to be able to throw anything longer than the boss. Now it's time to perfect your form.

This, though I would question the distance reported, seeing as how somebody throwing 400+ with a Boss would flip the **** out of an Avenger SS, let alone a lighter one...and probably have their own opinions of what to throw...but I digress, we all know the debate between real and internet D.

Anyways,
I guess my questions to the OP would be:
1. What do you like about the Boss?
2. What do you like about the Avenger SS?
3. Do you throw forehand or backhand?

Give us some more info!

400+ is truly where im at. And learning the avenger after the boss took some time before i got it down, but were all humans so were built to adapt right? a little hyzer on it and i can send it on a smooth line. what i liked about the boss was its power and fade, perfect for getting down a straight fairway with the right anny or i could forearm it for those dog hook rights. the avenger ss im loving b/c that small crank of hyzer more often than not just send it on a straight line but with an adjustment i can make it flip if i have some obstacles. I am a backhand thrower primarily but b/c i believe its important to be well rounded i have been practicing my forearm recently

the man is legit, i play with him all the time, he's my best bud and partna in crime on the course. ive seen with my own 2 eyes 400+ drives. i think what he really wants is suggestions for another disc he can bomb out there that has a different flight pattern

I would agree...if you have the arm to throw the boss long then that is pretty much the limit unless there is some way to harness a Star Max into not flying left straight out of your hand. Try a Gateway Illusion if you want something different.

Latest posts