• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need and overstable driver

keltik beat me to it

Don't forget the Banshee. I'd say Pred flick or banshee. Pred would be coupled with Firebird, brand preference would make you decide there. I haven't thrown both to know the subtle differences, I think the pred is just a little longer. ( I do love FLX plastic though)

I don't know anyone who has a regular use for the MAX. That disc is the greatest left turn clyde disc ever! It seems to want to go left so bad that I feel my jeep tugging into oncoming traffic when I'm simply driving to the course. There is no harder or more overstable disc out there. I am waiting for that hurricane on top of a mountain so I can actually throw this thing more than 250 feet!

Predator question, I noticed that my new Z Pred is not all that stable, I mean it's definitely overstable, just not as piggy as advertised. It looks like it has a very low PLH, could that have something to do with it? Oh it weighs 171 too.

That is why I like my Pred, it is definately overstable but not "piggy" so. Put some hyzer on it if you want more but can handle a sweeping hyzer. Makes it more controllable IMO.

If I really need a sharp turn, there is always my Flick, which may be high speed OS but damn! You have to have a hell of an arm to reach whatever speed that is or it will turn harder than anything I have seen.

so the predator is like a overstable talon? cuz if so i love the hell outta my talons
Kind of. I'd go with the Z Predator. It will work for everything you need out of a very overstable driver. If you want something more overstable it's available, but you won't need it.

What no love for the FORCE? The force is stable and almost impossible to turn over, hell it's hard to make it hold an anhyzer for too long.
I throw a FB-X which is quite stable and great for flicking or backhand.

I carry and use a lot of overstable plastic. I use flat 11x Firebird, 12x Firebird, XXX, and the Whippet. Out of these 4, the most overstable is the 11x firebird. Ive actually taken the XXX out of the bag because its no longer needed. The whippet is mad overstable but it flips up for me in headwind. The 12x firebird doesnt get used if its windy because in a headwind, it flies dead straight. The 11x firebird is crazy stable. I cant throw it further than 275, and I can drive 400+

I don't know anyone who has a regular use for the MAX. That disc is the greatest left turn clyde disc ever! It seems to want to go left so bad that I feel my jeep tugging into oncoming traffic when I'm simply driving to the course. There is no harder or more overstable disc out there. I am waiting for that hurricane on top of a mountain so I can actually throw this thing more than 250 feet!

One of my friends who has a mean forehand gets the Max out past 400' on a consistent basis and it's his forehand disc of choice for max-D.

Latest posts