• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need help changing my bag

Hellweg

Par Member
This is my bag
Discraft CryZtal Buzzz 178g - 225ft-250ft
Discraft ESP Meteor 178g -150-200ft or a slight right finish
Innova Champion 12x Teebird168g - 300ft, hard lefts
Innova DX Aviar 175g - extra putter, jump putts
Innova R-Pro Aviar 175g - Main putter
Innova Champion Beast 171g - specialty, flex shots
Innova Champion Sidewinder 175g - long right, or hyzer flips
Innova Star Wraith 167g - Max D 350ft+

i don't know what i need to add to my bag, but I want more discs (do i share the need just to buy discs with anyone else on here?)
Could DGCR impart their precious wisdom upon me? :D:D

I would try something for a shorter turnover or annie throws. Maybe a Champion Aero for up to a 150' turnover and a Star Kite for up to 275' (also a deadly disc for throwing straight when a little hyzer is applied at release). After that your Sidewinder would work well.

Maybe an overstable putter like the FLX Challenger.

If you are happy with the discs you currently have and they are working for you then I wouldn't purchase any new ones. I always have several of the same discs just in case I loose one if you just have to go get some plastic.

This is my bag
Discraft CryZtal Buzzz
Discraft ESP Meteor
Innova Champion 12x Teebird
Innova DX Aviar
Innova R-Pro Aviar
Innova Champion Beast
Innova Champion Sidewinder

Innova Star Wraith

Those two overlap a bit, if you're using the Beast for flex shots, you might not have the arm for the Wraith. If you're throwing it flat and it s-curves naturally than you're good to go, I'd just drop the Sidewinder and either learn how to Hyzer flip the Beast. You could add a TL or something similar for better hyzer flip duties. You're solid on mids, maybe a real hyper(over)stable mid like a Sentinel, Wasp, or Drone might help. I'd say you're pretty solid though but if it's windy out you might be screwed without a real hyperstable mid or driver.

Yea When I started I wanted to try alot of discs but then people started telling me that i should just use a select few and get used to them. but, if you want more discs; I'm not really sure. Do you throw the wraith consistantly 350ft? there is alot of variables.

Everyone is making very accurate statements. I have a total of 16 discs in my bag. But I have 2 and sometimes 3 of the same disc in different weights. For instance...I have a 175g Wraith that is nearly straight...about 5 ft of anhyzer and 10 ft of hyzer. But I also carry a 164g Wraith that has approx. 20 ft of anhyzer and 35 ft of hyzer. Obviously two of the 'same' disc but at the same time, two totally different discs. The only other disc I would tell you to check out (as it has left me numerous drop in birdies) is a Star Leopard. Great disc and a nearly straight flyer. Check it out man

You look like you're good to go.

Anything particular (putter/mid/driver) you were looking for?

Starfire or Avenger.

Drone, Gator or Wasp.

That would help the general feel for a balanced bag but it would depend a lot on how you play the game and what shots you like to throw.

well i have a first run dx kite laying around, and a flx avenger just chilling.

And for a windy day a have a 175 star orc that is pretty stable.

Also maybe i will try and find a hyzer flip disc. The tl looks interesting, my sidewinder is really flippy, if released flat it goes right into the ground.

By flex shot i ment, something that goes way! right the comes back a little left, more a specialty shot, and that is when i release it flat.

And my wraith, when released flat, will turnover a little bit then come back finishing pretty straight

well i have a first run dx kite laying around, and a flx avenger just chilling.

And for a windy day a have a 175 star orc that is pretty stable.

Also maybe i will try and find a hyzer flip disc. The tl looks interesting, my sidewinder is really flippy, if released flat it goes right into the ground.

By flex shot i ment, something that goes way! right the comes back a little left, more a specialty shot, and that is when i release it flat.

And my wraith, when released flat, will turnover a little bit then come back finishing pretty straight

Do you throw overhand at all? Might want a utility disc for that that could also double as your hyperstable disc. Flick, Banshee or Firebird.

If your Sidewinder is really flippy, then sounds like you have your hyzer-flip disc.

If you want something to go way right and come back left, (I am assuming RHBH) I was going to say a Monarch, but if you are turning over a wraith a bit, I dont think it would come back. Maybe a lighter Boss or even R-Pro?

I just like buying new discs. It is not really a good thing but I enjoy it. However, I am trying to narrow the discs I use each time out to get use to them.

In your bag, it seems you should use some midrange or fairway drivers. I like the stingray, cobra, leopard. Also, a good overstable like a Crush might be a good idea. I have been trying the Soft Banger GT for longer putts or putts in the wind. Having said all of that, don't trust me I am just a beginner and just enjoy it.

I would say perhaps an SL for longer anhyzer shots. Your bag is fairly well rounded though. Mayber a TL or Monarch as well.

i think a monarch would just go right, right into the ground like my sidewinder, i dont forehand at all maybe i will have to branch. on occasion i will tomahawk, what would be a good disc for that

The monarch is a great disc, but it is a fast disc, you might not have the arms speed for it yet, i would go with the TL or maye an SS Avenger.

The first thing I thought of would be something super overstable. I have a Whippet and absolutely love it for dogleg left (RHBH) or right (RHFH) shots ~200-235'.

Other than that, I'll second the Classic Roc suggestion. I just lost mine, but plan to get another one soon. Great short drives with a little anny or long putts.

Maybe a thumber disc, but I don't know if you throw those, but if you do I recommend a Firebird.

Hope that helps

The monarch is a great disc, but it is a fast disc, you might not have the arms speed for it yet, i would go with the TL or maye an SS Avenger.

Monarch doesnt take much arm speed at all. In fact, I would argue its one of, if not THE easiest of the faster drivers to throw. Only thing that might even be easier is a 150 class R-Pro Boss. In fact, a guy who talks about flipping a Wraith over is likely going to flip the Monarch, but I dont think it is as flippy as a sidewinder as it will handle the speed a lot better.

trick with the Monarch for you guys that overpower it over into a flip is, if you need a more precise throw and are willing to take some arm off of it for control, the Monarch also has damned good glide and its understability will allow you to do this without it just hyzering out.

Latest posts