• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need help only been playing two months!!!!

pancake069

i Use a zone for a putter. a buzz for my midrange with i throw about 200 feet a side winder for my back hand with is around 300 ft to 350 and for side arm ether my nuke or 174g flick with i throw 350 to 425 feet on a good day wat do i need in my bag?

I would recommend the Discraft Crush. It has a nice fade that is very predictible, and it doesnt take an enormous arm to throw it. The esp plastic feels really nice and stable in your hand, and it is a nice driver for backhand and sidearm shots.

with those distances you can probably throw any mid or fairway driver you want. I would pick up one of these:
Trident, Banshee, Predator, Firebird
one of these
Leopard, River, Vision, AvengerSS
and of course the staple
Roc, Buzzz, Core, Mission

hey man thanks

should i keep throwing my side winder i mean it doesnt really go but 50 feet more than my mid range. or is there a better back hand disk driver i should try my star sidewinder is 162 wieght n it feels just perfect. but sumtimes i ut to much anhiser on it and it wont come back any responses?

Sidewinder is a fine beginner disc. check out the form sticky and you will learn how to get your sidewinder to 400 feet everytime.

I flip the skeeter, however I only threw the ultralights. I throw buzzz, but 3 years ago I was a loyal Roc guy who thought he would never switch.

im 6 ft tall and i bench 350 got 22 inch arms big arms aint a problem here if that helps determine wat wieght i should be throwin?

im 6 ft tall and i bench 350 got 22 inch arms big arms aint a problem here if that helps determine wat wieght i should be throwin?

Your specs don't really matter when you are throwing something less than 0.5% of your body weight, its all about technique. Big arm in disc golf doesn't mean strong and it sounds like you are strong arming your discs instead of snapping if your Buzzz is only going 200'...work on getting it 300'+. FYI I used to bench twice my weight before injuries. I throw a variety of weights from 150 class to max depending on the mold. Typically I like lighter weights on more stable molds/plastics and max weights on putters, mids, and understable drivers like Sidewinders and Roadrunners.

Check out the technique sticky and read/watch the vids, I think the Snap 2009 vids/thread and Discing Down Adventures is a great place to start:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26165

i would say if your only throwing a buzzz 200' then you probably are throwing sorta like i did when i first started, not putting much spin on the disc, and kinda using anhyzer compensation to get some distance. when you start getting some spin on the disc, you will find you will start throwing the buzzz around 350' and your drivers 450-500 depending on your elevation/location.

Latest posts