• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Need help picking a new wraith

cutting weight might get a shade more distance but leaves you more susceptible to wind IMO; the obvious choice is destroyer for the OP, but I like the Rampage quite a bit

Simple. Get a Firechicken for headwind and pick up a 168-170 pro wraith. Bigger dome the better.

If you're looking for a straight/stable Wraith, find a flat topped champ in the 168-170g range. The flat tops fly straighter and faster than domey ones, which tend to have more LSS/fade. Dome makes a huge difference with Wraiths, look at the ones you've got an find a replacement that mirrors the one you like best...

I throw a 175 pro wraith strictly for sidearm drives and a 175 Champ Wraith with a light taped to it for night play, I just bought a 167 Star Wraith for backhand drives, its very overstable and I dont get the needed distance or accuracy. My 167 DX Wraith is the bomb, its the disk I use for the long holes, if I crank it too much it will flip. No matter what you get I think the Wraith is one of the best drivers made.

Is that one red or one of last years CFR star runs? I've got a couple CFRs from last year that are quite a bit more stable and a red star Boss that I don't think God could turnover. (seriously, it's more stable then a 175 champ ape i got in a players pack. And equally useless. I hate that.)

Last edited:
If you're looking for a straight/stable Wraith, find a flat topped champ in the 168-170g range. The flat tops fly straighter and faster than domey ones, which tend to have more LSS/fade. Dome makes a huge difference with Wraiths, look at the ones you've got an find a replacement that mirrors the one you like best...

This...

I'm predominantly sidearm, and have multiple wraiths in my stash. The flat top Star "speed 12" are fantastic for straighter drives with slightly more turn. I have a very beat in Star wraith that does not flip (domey). Both are my go-to driver for anything 300-350+. The exceptions are in a headwind, in which I pull out my Xcals. There are no ludicrous statements from me that I need driver "x" for headwind 500+ foot sidearm drives. I have had plenty of 400+ drives side arm, if I really want that distance I will use a Nuke SS for a cut sky sidearm roller.

Champ wraiths flip more than star as they age, but are a fantasic no wind driver. Pro and DX I stay away from, I don't like buying new plastic every 3 months.

I only use 172+, that's to fight OK wind and sidearm torque.

Anything Star Wraith is fine, I have echostar as well, just haven't put it into the rotation yet.

I'd say stick to what you throw still by getting another star wraith then get a s-line or c-line dd to handle the winds. Has a similar feel in the hand as a wraith.

Latest posts