• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need help with bag

cody420

Well I just got back from a long vacation where we were staying at a park with a disc golf course. while I was there I got bored and decided to look for discs while I was there I found a lot of discs. Most of them I have only thrown once or twice. I throw RHBH 250-300. I was hoping some of the more experienced players could tell me what I should use.
First run elite z nuke
esp nuke
pro wraith
star wraith
champion starfire
flx surge ss
champion Valkyrie
star katana
dx roc
dx stratus
elite z flick
champion sidewinder
esp surge
esp avenger ss
dx leopard
dx aviar pna
flx challenger
champion teebird
flx buzzz
champion roadrunner
champion beast
dx raven
star xcaliber

I usually throw

Drivers:
Valkyrie
leopard
roadrunner
Midrange;
buzzz
stratus
roc
Putter:
challenger
aviar pna
I am looking to pick up an ion because it seems like everyone near me is starting to throw them

How many of those did you find???

For starters, if you're max D is 300, I'd start the selection process with these (and think about hiding the rest for a little while):

DX ROC
Pro-D Stratus
DX Leopard
DX Aviar
FLX Challenger
FLX Buzzz
DX Raven

If the Aviar and/or Challenger feel good in your hand, then don't waste your money on an Ion just because everybody else took the bait.

First off, nice haul!
Secondly, don't listen to those "If you only throw 300 feet, you shouldn't be throwing drivers" garbage. You've got a lot of nice plastic and I would suggest just getting out and tossing them all to see what works for you. Now, I'm guessing that I generally throw a bit farther than you (abg closer to 350) but I will still pull out a driver and for whatever reason/form-flaw I develop for the day/round/hour and will noly toss it 250. Does it mean I should never throw that driver again or that I should only throw slower discs until I have perfect form? No, it's just a bad throw or a bad round.

Out of the discs you found, I'm a big fan of Starfires, Surge SS's, Valsk, and I'm even starting to come around and get over my hate for teebirds.
Try this, every round you play, toss a new disc in there and throw it a few times as a second shot or to practice or whatever and see what discs choose you:)

also as my distance increases which ones should I put in my bag and which ones should I take out?

I'd say you take all of them and regularly practice them all... you will start to see what is working for you at each stage of your development... only take what works for you to play rounds.

[strike][/strike]

First run elite z nuke
esp nuke
pro wraith
star wraith
champion starfire
flx surge ss
champion Valkyrie
star katana
dx roc
dx stratus
elite z flick
esp surge
champion sidewinder
esp avenger ss
dx leopard
pick one
dx aviar pna
flx challenger
champion teebird
flx buzzz
champion roadrunner
champion beast
dx raven
star xcaliber

That's what I'd roll with. You can start sprinkling in the faster discs like Beasts, Wraiths, Katanas, Nukes etc. as your distance starts getting in the 350'+ range easily and consistently.