• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need more distance!

walkersfriend-sd

Bogey Member
i dont have a lot of muscle on me so my throws basically rely on my form i throw backhand for my max distance drives i use the x step and i can generally get about 300 max maybe a bit more my driver of choice is the star boss and i find myself having to throw the disc with a lot of anhyzer to get it anywhere decently far and im looking to get away from that. if you have any tips that helped you once and or any discs you think i should try in order to get more distance post it below help me out!!!

Get a Teebird, or something along those lines..stay below speed 10..and drop the warp speed discs, you'll lose distance initially but in the long run it's much more beneficial..I'm throwing my Buzzz farther then I used to be throwing my Boss.

Get a Teebird, or something along those lines..stay below speed 10..and drop the warp speed discs, you'll lose distance initially but in the long run it's much more beneficial..I'm throwing my Buzzz farther then I used to be throwing my Boss.

this :hfive:

I would say go a step further and go for speed 6 and learn to put them higher for distance lines. If you are getting a Boss to 300' underpowered, you might be surprised off the bat once you learn the lines without flipping a speed 6 over.

^^ nailed it

i dont have a lot of muscle on me so my throws basically rely on my form i throw backhand for my max distance drives i use the x step and i can generally get about 300 max maybe a bit more my driver of choice is the star boss and i find myself having to throw the disc with a lot of anhyzer to get it anywhere decently far and im looking to get away from that. if you have any tips that helped you once and or any discs you think i should try in order to get more distance post it below help me out!!!

I rely on my form also. Work on your body rotation and point of release, get 2 Beasts, a 167-169 Champion and a 170-172 DX, let the DX get beat in and it'll become a nice turn over disc for you. Teebirds are good too, I have a Champion and DX Teebird.

Ugh...

Whatever happened to research...

I remember reading all of the DGR articles like 5 times over and lurking over here and there and learning a ton more than what I could handle.

Read the adventures in Discing down thread. That will lead you down the right path and other valuable threads. Putters and mids. Then low speed fairway drivers. Gradual improvement.

word

I have reduced to throwing a star 164 TL, and yes, at first I lost about 30-40 feet. Now I throw the TL well over 300, and I notice my change in form. I never got to measure because I was running for my disc, but I walked off a soccer field at 350, and I threw my TL out of the field, over the fence, and into the street...thus the running for my disc.

...but, for a quick fix that will ALSO help your game, get your highest speed understable disc, I am throwing my 166 star Vulcan, and learn how to throw a back hand Roller. Feels great walking up to a disc 400+ft up the fairway...even if I always lose it to the right.

Get yourself a Champion Valk and a lat64 river! Guys on here swear by the leapord but I cant respond on this disc since I nevered used it.

ok i have a star sl and a star roadrunner would they do im tight for money and i dont really wanna buy more disc unless one of you are really friendly and send me a carepackage :) hahah

Star roadrunner sounds manageable, I'd say leave the SL at home for now. Or better yet, try to trade it on the Marketplace here for something slower like a nice Gazelle. Mmmm, gazelle.

You always hear that Cyclones are a good choice as well, but I haven't thrown one (besides an Elite Z) in years. Maybe somebody else can chime in on the subject?

ok i have a star sl and a star roadrunner would they do im tight for money and i dont really wanna buy more disc unless one of you are really friendly and send me a carepackage :) hahah

Work with that roadrunner. They are a great disc, and good for beginners, as you won't develop nasty wrist-roll trying to anny it every time you throw it.