• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need some suggestions!

Ewb46

Birdie Member
Okay well I am not so much a noob, but I am a dg'ing pack rat. I am looking for advice or suggestions for removal, adding to streamline my bag. I have been drooling over discs each time I go to the store. So I am looking for ways to either add a useful mold to my bag with out huge overlap or suggestions to stream line my current line up.

Drivers

174g First Run esp Nuke- Wide open holes Consistently hitting 350+

174g First Run z Nuke- Same as above a little stable (unseasoned)

175g Star Destroyer - Not sure why I have it, loved the dx replaced with a star still needs to be seasoned.

174g FLX Surge - My to to driver flies straight with slight anny and predictable fade.

174g DX Wraith - a more stable version of my Surge.

175g Opto Vision- bought on recommendation of local pro to replace a lost
sidewinder & Roadrunner. I don't love it, but don't hate it.

175g Champ xcal - Wind driver ( gets little use)

175g- Opto Riot - Thumbers and meat hook shots - still trying ot get used to the slant rim.

175g - DX Firebird - Was main wind driver, met a few trees and has a nice s shape when thrown flat. Not as predictable as an s line driver.

166g - ESP Predator - Primary Thumber disc (300'+) secondary wind driver.

Fairway Drivers

175g 2x Champ Leopard - Very well used thrown flat annys and never comes back.

171g - Star Leopard - Newer has slight s curve and predictable fade.

175g - Star Teebird - Brand new slightly overstable replacing lost teebird.

Mids

175g G5i Demon - Love the plastic short thumbers and approach shots that finish left.

176g StarRoc - Still doesn't fly like my KC's but has potential.

180- KC Pro Roc - My go to approach disc 250' out to about 300'. Driver for sub 300' holes.

Putters

175g - Black Rancho KC Pro Aviar - Well seasoned love this disc is money >30'.
175g Aviar Driver- Primary approach disc for shots too short for roc or drives less than 250.
175g Star Aviar - Anny approaches and a putter to switch too when confidence is down.

In the Spare box

Star Gator
Champ teebird
Dx Destroyer ( beat in)
New Champ Leopard
Champ Roadrunner
Champ valk x2
FlX predator
champ monarch
esp force
dx sidewinder
2 champ cfr Katanas
dx whippet

You seem to have quite a few headwind drivers: Destroyer, Surge, Firebird, Predator, XCal, and the Riot. You can use any of these for head wind or meat-hooks.

I agree with above. seems you have a lot of the same type of discs as your drivers. maybe add some finesse discs and drop a few meaty ones. are you throwing them all consistently? i used to carry 15 drivers and have now got it down to 6. half the ones i had were too similar.

I throw all but the xcal consistently... Just doesn't feel the best in my hand. well the firebird is another dx that has a better life as a roller now it is beat to piss. Since the surge and predator have RHBH evolved for me well. I have been toying with thinning my mold selection.

What are you refering to as a finesse driver?

I throw all but the xcal consistently... Just doesn't feel the best in my hand. well the firebird is another dx that has a better life as a roller now it is beat to piss. Since the surge and predator have RHBH evolved for me well. I have been toying with thinning my mold selection.

What are you refering to as a finesse driver?

something along the lines of a Wraith or an Archon. I dont have a ton of snap backhand so i throw understable to stable drivers backhand and overstable forehand. i reall like the archon. what about some fairway drivers? like teebirds or stalkers. those can go far and are a lot easier to control

I just looked again and you have teebird already. why not bring a valk back. add a stalker and archon and drop the xcal surge and destroyer

Drivers
175g Star Destroyer - Not sure why I have it, loved the dx replaced with a star still needs to be seasoned.

174g FLX Surge - My to to driver flies straight with slight anny and predictable fade.

174g DX Wraith - a more stable version of my Surge.

175g Champ xcal - Wind driver ( gets little use)

175g- Opto Riot - Thumbers and meat hook shots - still trying ot get used to the slant rim.

175g - DX Firebird - Was main wind driver, met a few trees and has a nice s shape when thrown flat. Not as predictable as an s line driver.

166g - ESP Predator - Primary Thumber disc (300'+) secondary wind driver.
Here's your problemo. Way too many overstable drivers like emarica said. I'd drop the Xcal, Destroyer, Firebird, Riot and either the Surge or Wraith. The Pred is a good mold, I'd get a heavy Z to replace the Xcal, Destroyer, and Riot. If it's not meathook enough for you, try a xXx or the Riot again. Really, it's just too many molds. You should be able to cover your overstable drivers with at least 2 molds and weight/plastic variations within. The Surge and Wraith are very similar, that's a slot that can easily be consolidated into 1 mold. But that's the easiest way to streamline it.