• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Never give up on Lake Lewisville Disc Golf Park

Rodmon

Lake Lewisville Park's disc golf course has not taken it's last breath, not yet. Yes it's under siege, by a Hike and Bike Trail, and yes it's been closed since Dec 2015. That's almost 160 days. Yes We are fighting city hall and negotiating with Bob Monaghan, Director of City of Lewisville Parks and Leisure Services. I've met with Bob 3 times representing DFW and local Lewisville/Flower Mound throwers. The PGDA knows what's happening and has given advice.

The PGDA has claimed : Lake Lewisville Disc Golf Park was the 21st most played course in America.

Bob says the crew will return to work on the park when it dries out enough for them to finish the road construction to stop the flooding of Sandy Beach Road along #17's fairway. He refuses to give us a date or schedule a weekend when we can call DFW Disc golfers to come rebuild our favorite lake side park. We are planning a new strategy to improve the priority of fixing the course. Any one who wants to help, give advice on changing city hall's priorities, or just show moral support: check out our FaceBook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Lake-Lewisville-Disc-Golf-Park-1706410206314678/

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Love the idea, like that they are at least talking to disc golfers, hate that I can't access Fbook from work. I don't doubt that it is in the top 25 most played, was always traffic there - even on a winter Tuesday morning once I had to wait on a back up at #7

Played there once on vacation, very nice course and something different from what I am used to in MN. Good luck!

It's so crazy what the city did to this course. Such an awesome course and they just destroy it with that big 'ol winding slab of concrete.

Thanks for setting up the facebook page and working on behalf of the disc golfers in the area. I heard a rumor that the new construction crew had started working on the bike path again. I hope the rain holds off enough to give them time to finish up by hole 17. It really was a brilliant idea to plan a bike path to go through a portion of the park that is prone to flooding. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/images/smilies/uncertain.gif

Any idea why they are so against disc golfers at the park during construction? I've gone to check out the progress a few times, and it certainly doesn't look like the park is closed for bicyclists, random people milling about, people fishing off the shore, or really anyone other than disc golfers.

I need this course back in my life. A timeless classic in DFW in my book

Any idea why they are so against disc golfers at the park during construction? I've gone to check out the progress a few times, and it certainly doesn't look like the park is closed for bicyclists, random people milling about, people fishing off the shore, or really anyone other than disc golfers.

Maybe because, of the groups you named, disc golfers are the only ones who throw stuff that might hit the workers?

Bigtex, In my hour of need, when I feel the lowest of the low,,,, when I feel the gains I've made with the Lewisville city sleestacks is offset by downer bums who are so depressed they would rather whine 'we've lost our home Lake Park" than get up off their arses and do something about it,, When I'm that low, I cheer up thinking of your comment: "I need this course back in my life. A timeless classic in DFW in my book". Thank you.

LLDGP ain't down for the count. Not by a long ways. Check out the FaceBook page : ' Lake Lewisville Disc Golf Park ' for updates.

Just last week, the Lewisville City Parks manager called me back. I wish I had this in writing, but Bob promised me the Lake Park will be re-built. He said they will break up the concrete for Teepads 3 & 7, but will replace them, once we rebuild the bases.
Bob went on to stomp a rumor that the lewisville city council had voted against the Lake L Park's disc golf course as we've heard the sleestacks at the Grapevine city council did. Bob Monaghan said " NO sir, there was no such vote. We are re-building the disc golf course." He still won't give us a scheduled date for a Saturday VOLUNTEER WORK day so the area dsisc golfers and the city parks crew bringing tools & wet concrete, because of the rain delaying the road works, but we can work on that. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

UPDATE for Lake Lewisville DG Park rebuild

The week of May 22-28th, Lewisville City Parks manager, Bob Monaghan called me.
I wish I had this in writing, but Bob promised me the Lake Park will be re-built.

He said they will break up the concrete for Teepads 3 & 7, but will replace them, once we rebuild the bases.

Bob went on to stomp a rumor that the Lewisville city council had voted against the Lake L Park's disc golf course. Repeat: That was a vicious rumor.

Today, June 5th, we've heard the sleestacks at the Grapevine city council did vote down Bear Creek. Yet, Lewisville's City Parks manager, Bob Monaghan said " NO sir, there was no such vote. We are re-building the disc golf course." http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

He still won't give us a scheduled date for a Saturday VOLUNTEER WORK day so the area dsisc golfers and the city parks crew bringing tools & wet concrete, because of the rain delaying the road works, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gifbut we can work on that and I will contact everybody who throws a disc in Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, when that day will be.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

Latest posts