• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NEVER leave a disc behind!!

I don't care how much the cost of a disc is to be replaced when self-preservation is in question. He may of been fine doing that but who knows how cold that water was. Not worth the chance of potentially getting hypothermia.

If you're out in the wilderness, hypothermia could kill you. But, if you can go home and warm up, is it a big deal? I wonder if it has long-term effects...

Frostbite, on the other hand, could be an issue. But, if the exposure's just for a couple of minutes, maybe no big deal there either?

I mean, swimmers do this stuff all the time, right?

Now, staying out in sub-freezing temperatures after taking the ice bath? That sounds potentially dangerous.

Stupidity and risk of frostbite aside, not everyone can do this. In our area, the ponds while disgusting and dangerous, are also illegal to enter. We have certified groups allowed to dredge the pond for discs and return them.

Unfortunately many folks break the law, and risk their health and safety to get these pieces of plastic. While those of us not wishing to break the law lose discs to these thieves.

I won't break the law to get my discs back, or enter a place that is marked off limits. We've had holes removed and threatening removal of full course due to these law breakers.

Also, Golden Retrievers really only work if you can see the disc, But man they've saved me tons of money at a few courses.

A ten to twenty dollar disc isn't worth a trip to the hospital for hypothermia.

It was MCC- they were trying skip shots across the pond.

He did continue playing after

It was a champ circle stamp eagle and it was his second time throwing it--- the first time he threw it (two days prior), it went right under the snow and we spent a good twenty minutes looking for it--

Last edited:
I love playing with dudes that will risk their life to get my disc!

Man I was in water today in east Texas, with a wetsuit, and an air temp of 70 and I was DYING. The water HURT me! That guy is crazy awesome, mad respect!

Man I was in water today in east Texas, with a wetsuit, and an air temp of 70 and I was DYING. The water HURT me! That guy is crazy awesome, mad respect!

what? Oh you thin blooded Texan's Wouldn't know what to do up here in the Midwest. 70 degrees people are skinny dipping! ;)