• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Design

jchoate7

Eagle Member
I'm thinking of creating a 100% custom handmade bag. I have a sewing machine, and the skills to put together a bag. I want to create something unique, yet useful. I will be using a canvas material for the bag similar to what the Nutsac uses. I'm trying to think of ideas and I'm drawing a total blank. I'm looking for the bag to hold about 12 discs with a putter pocket holding 2. Give me a good enough design and I'll make a bag for you (just cover the materials, labor is free).

Waterproofing in general
a good base that can be put in mud and wiped off easily

are you thinking backpack style?

def a pouch or two for a water bottle

easy pouch to put a couple of putters in and retrieve with ease...

holder for an umbrella and a stool...

PATCHES!!!

Couldn't you just mimic the 12-15 disc carriers from the major companies? Maybe use PVC or CPVC for a frame? The other idea would be to use the fabric to create dividers in the bag. CPVC is PVC that is a bit smaller than normal PVC. And do away with the drink holder(s). Potentially backpack style, since that is the "in" thing.

Backpack style for sure. And I like the waterproofing idea. It does need to hold a nalgene bottle as I always take one with me during the summer and during the winter it works as my right hand glove holder.

As far as mimicking the other companies I wanted to do something unique.

Thanks for the ideas so far! Keep em' coming!

Here's a horribly crude rendering of what I'd like in a backpack bag. Two spots in the front, or maybe something with an adjustable cinch in case you carry one. Putters up top, with a main cavity below and a few slots for go-go-to discs. You can have storage pockets on the sides or use the main disc cavity if you carry fewer.

Main thing: Putters on top, compact design.

Attachments

• 1425862896407.jpg
    1425862896407.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 196
Trying to think outside the box a little- I've seen bags with vertical storage of the discs, maybe do that but on the sides- leaving the main area of the pack for storage with a putter pocket on top? Really rough idea of what I'm getting at here-

Lyb76pA.jpg

Everything would be very visible and accessible that way, so you aren't really digging for discs, just slipping them in and out of the sleeves

Last edited:
Tough to vertical storage on the sides for more than 2 or 3 discs. The horizontal need is roughly 10" for vertical storage pockets. Bags taper as they go up. Unless you build a box.

Yar, but a box that's only like 6" wide on the sides at the top. The Gorilla Boy backpack comes closest.

Im trying to think of ways to store the discs and I think I came up with a decent idea. I'm looking for supplies and I have the materials picked out i just need to find the plastic sheeting for support. Does anyone know where I can purchase that? I've looked around online and I can't find anything.

I was actually thinking of this. Do you know when you buy a binder some of them come with a divider thats made of that black plastic material? Its stiff but has a touch of flexibility to it. I want to be able to by multiple sheets of that.

Anyone know of the plastic that I am trying to find? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching the web relentlessly. Starting to get very frustrating.

While i have a idea of what you may be trying to find i dont know where to get it. But have you thought of FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic)? It has some flex but is durable. Or you could search out a local Business that works with plastic. I have 2 near me and they work with darn near every plastic under the sun. domt know if you have but if you try a search of plastic supplies and materials you may find one of these places near you.

Latest posts