• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag - Spring 2016

hunter_st

About me:

Years playing: about 2 1/2 years
Right handed
Throwing Style: 99 % RHBH, FH sucks big time atm
Golf Distance (avg/max) 325/360

Drivers:

Star Destroyer - in the Wind, Sidearm,...
Star Destroyer (Beat) - main driver
Champion Tern - max distance
Champion Tern
Pro Destroyer - undestable driver, tailwind...
Champion Firebird - Hyzer, in the wind, overhead,...

Fairway Drivers:

Teebird 3 - main fairway
Star Leopard

Mids:

Drone - OS mid
Champion Roc3 - main mid
Champion Roc3 - replacement
DX Roc3 - us mid

Putters:

Plasma Envy - OS putter, approaches in wind, hyzer approaches,...
Electron Atom - turnovers, annys
Wizard SS - Putting
Wizard SS - Replacement

For the moment I'm quite happy with that bag.
Sometimes I feel I could use something inbetween the teebird and the destroyers.
Or maybe something like a faster leopard / more understable teebird 3.
maybe a Mid inbetween the drone and the roc3 stability wise.

The Envy goes in and out as I often think I can do most of the stuff with the wizards to.

Any sugestion?

If you want something between your Teebird and Destroyer, might I suggest a champ thunderbird?

Yes. Thunderbird would be a solid addition. Best thing I've done to my bag in some time was add a 166 and 174g Thunderbird.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already tried out a thunderbird for a while but at least the one I had was way more OS than my teebird or most of my destroyers. Actually more like a longer Firebird.
I might give it another try though.

Last edited:
The olf is a good compliment there rather than the thunderbird. It comes in star or champ varieties from millenium. The olf will shape more lines and act as a longer faster eagle like disk where as the thunderbird is more the long teebird. As you already bag the teebird the olf can give you more variety of lines available to you.

My Bag changed a bit now.
The pro destroyers went out as I feel on our wooden courses they beat in too quickly into ridiculous us.
I also improved my form a bit (410ish max) so I get more than enough turn out of the champ tern.
the drone went out, I use the pig for shorter OS things and the sexton FB for the longer. don't feel the need for something inbetween too often.

With 18 discs my Grip C is really at the edge of it's capacity so I always take this or that out to bring it down to 16ish.
I also feel like I use a bit too many different fairway drivers but find it hard to sort one out. maybe the valk shots would be also doable with the sidewinder or teebird3. Bit too much overlap? Any other idea on minimalization?

For huge anny shots with no fade I used the electron atom but after loosing it the new ones I bought never clicked for me. any suggestion for a replacement? My beaten in wizard kinda works but I feel like the atom had a bit more glide and could handle a bit more speed.

Drivers:

Star Destroyer - in the Wind, Sidearm,...
Star Destroyer (Beat) - main driver
Champion Tern - max distance
Blizzard Destroyer - understable driver, tailwind...
Champion Firebird - Hyzer, in the wind
Sexton Glow Firebird - Utility, Sidearm

Fairway Drivers:

Teebird3 - main fairway
Champ Valk - long Tunnels
Champ Leopard3 - short Tunnels, Turnovers
Champ Sidewinder - Roller

Mids:

Champ Glow Roc3
Champion Roc3 - main mid
Champion Roc3 - replacement
McPro Roc3 - us mid

Putters:

Blizzard Pig - Approaches
Wizard G25 - Putting
Wizard Eraser - Putting
Wizard Eraser (beaten in) - Turnovers

For huge anny shots with no fade I used the electron atom but after loosing it the new ones I bought never clicked for me. any suggestion for a replacement? My beaten in wizard kinda works but I feel like the atom had a bit more glide...

Blizzard Pig - Approaches
Wizard G25 - Putting
Wizard Eraser - Putting
Wizard Eraser (beaten in) - Turnovers

I have practically the same putter set up as you do. Only difference is I carry one less wizard, one more Pig and a Magic. I use the Magic for anny shots or low powered straight shots, where I know the wizards are gonna fade out. The Magic has no fade and should work for what you are looking to do. I'm also going to try the Proxy and see if that's something that can fill the same role

My thoughts:

TWO putting putters? Figure out which mold/plastic you like better, and go with it... and by that I mean practice with it until you can putt blindfolded with that putter.

(Note of explanation: I try new putters all the time, but I only bag one at a time.)

You might try using the Sidewinder for the tunnel shots, learning to hyzerflip it. Then you wouldn't need the Valk. If you love the Valk, though, keep it.

I see a lot of Destroyers. A laaaaahhhhtt of Destroyers. Do you really need them all, or can you pare down there? (or drop the Terns). Either way, if this were my bag, I'd try to reduce numbers up there rather than in the fairway driver spot.

Why do you have 2 Firebirds? I can't see what one can do that the other one can't. Also what does the Blizzard Destroyer provide that the Tern doesn't, in terms of tailwinds? What do you use the Glow Roc3 for?

Thanks for your thoughts guys.
Here is an update:

the blizzard destroyer went out already.
I was trying it out for a while but the Tern won.
The sexton FB is a lot more OS than the slightly beaten in other one.
I don't carry it all the time but on some courses/in some conditions I like to have both.
The glow Roc3 is fresh and a little more OS than the others.
I kept it but one of the champs went out instead as they were too close to each other.
The valk stays for the moment. We'll see for how long