• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New California courses update thread

Monarch Bay in San Leandro opens January 23, 2020 (tomorrow).

18-hole disc golf course on a 9-hole executive length ball golf course. Initially only open 4 days each month: The 2nd and 4th Thursday (starting 12:30pm) and Friday (all day).

Fun layout with good variety (not wide open!) and moderate difficulty, A well-maintained area with lots of big trees and two ponds. Night play and glow golf is fantastic here. Play til 8:30! Practice basket for putting and nets for warming up your drive.

Rates between $9 and $15 depending on time of day and residency. $6 replay. Cart is another $8-10 per rider.

Whirlwind Disc Golf has donated the professional design and first-rate equipment for this course. Whirlwind will set up its mobile disc golf store most 2nd and 4th Friday afternoons.

First tournament planned for Saturday March 14, 2020.

For more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchBayDiscGolf

Courses are getting added all the time in Cali. If you notice any, give us a heads up. I added the Death Valley and Fort Irwin courses earlier this month and see another just got add in Tracy. Good to see the courses keep popping up.

New course in San Diego, The Loma Club golf course has installed a pay to play 9 hole course. (opened August 11th)

I saw pictures of a basket course in Julian, Ca, not listed but im working on details. I believe its at Julian Oaks youth ministries facility. 5 baskets can be seen from road.

I just added three courses to California, I also played all of them and verified it was okay to add them. They are:

Brown-n-Bows - Sharlotte's Web
Short technical course with dynamic Discs Marksmen Baskets. Fun course

Oregon House - Mini
This is a 14 hole mini dg course. World class level and difficulty.

Lone Star DG
22 hole course with every shot imaginable. Very challenging and difficult. Fun course

I just added three courses to California, I also played all of them and verified it was okay to add them. They are:

Brown-n-Bows - Sharlotte's Web
Short technical course with dynamic Discs Marksmen Baskets. Fun course

Oregon House - Mini
This is a 14 hole mini dg course. World class level and difficulty.

Lone Star DG
22 hole course with every shot imaginable. Very challenging and difficult. Fun course

Interesting using Marksman type baskets for a course. I wonder if this will be a trend for short courses that are made in the 1980's pre Disc Golf Beveled edge discs? I mean Dynamic Disc and Gateway both make a basket more durable for permanent use by Gateway or almost in Dynamic Disc case that is a less chains basket.

Added another course to the database:

Mountainbrook, its located in San Luis Obisopo

added a middle school course in San Diego. Mesa Verde Middle School, short track course.

heard rumors of another course in Orange county. will look into that soon.

The Loma Club has been added in San Diego. Also added :

Lake Kaweah 18 holes out near Visalia
Torrey apartments 4 holes in Fresno
Valley golf center 9 holes in Fresno
Fly in acres 9 holes in Arnold
Shelter cove community church 9 holes in Modesto
Cooley middle school 6 holes in Roseville
NorthRidge Park 3 holes in Yuba City
Live Oak Soccer Park 6 holes in Live Oak
Hancock practice area 3 holes in Chico CA

Will be adding more stuff this upcoming week.

Added a few more courses to Cali and Oregon.

A few middle school courses and golf courses, plus pixley park

New champion level 18 hole course has been installed in Moreno Valley and should be opening up this Spring. I will be testing it out in a week and will report back.

I've also listed a few more courses in SOCAL :

Concordia university Irvine
Camp Pondo

I've recently heard of a few more 9 hole courses in SoCal that once I verify I will add to the database.

New 18 hole course installed at New Melones Lake in NorCal. If you want to see pictures and get all the details follow Golden Chain Disc Golf on Facebook.

New course fully installed in Moreno Valley, Ca. should open anytime in march.

Entropy Ranch is a 18 hole course in Pioneertown, Ca. It's in Southern California on private land. Search for it on UDisc. Cool course with awesome hosts. Sits at 5k elevation and lots of desert terrain. Huge rock formations come into play.

Any update about when the course in Moreno Valley opens?

I talked with Avery Jenkins about it last week and he said they were just getting all the tee signs in and needed to install them onto the tee sign posts. from everything ive heard from locals and the course maintainers it should have opened. I will reach out today and see if there is an update.

Latest posts