• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Cart Friendly Indicator

Mark is right. Cart friendly is soooo subjective. Most cart draggers would probably describe both Hawk Hollow and Lake Marshall as not cart friendly. I use my cart on absolutely any course i can however and feel it is a help to me at both places due to my ten million year old back.

The 3-option scale works for me.

Our course is fairly cart-friendly, I guess, except for one really brutal hole right in the middle of it. But cart-draggers who've been there before, bring their carts back again, so I went with "somewhat".

On my way home from Stoney Hill G and I were thinking the best option for that 1 severely brutal hole would be take the low road that G took and park your cart down there until the peninsula green brings you right back to it.

One thing is for certain, I will NEVER take my cart on the high road again.

I completely agree with you guys but I got so many requests for it that I just added it and figured what happens, happens.

Thanks again for the "cart friendly" add. Just like the endless discussion about reviews, one has to understand that it is subjective and it should be incumbent upon the user to gather all the information they can and make their best guess.

On my way home from Stoney Hill G and I were thinking the best option for that 1 severely brutal hole would be take the low road that G took and park your cart down there until the peninsula green brings you right back to it.

One thing is for certain, I will NEVER take my cart on the high road again.

Depending on the layout played, I've seen some cart-draggers on the Diamond or Quartz layouts play hole 8 (across Chris's yard), park their cart on the nearby 12 tee (straight downhill shot), and bag it for 3 holes, avoiding that one bad area. Of course, that only works if you've got one of those bag-toting carts to begin with.

Which I assume still falls in the "somewhat" range.

Since your visit we've added 2 bridges, so on the Garnet layout we don't have people carrying their carts across the stepping stones in the creek. But there's still that slope to deal with.

I asked for this option when I was using a baby stroller to play DG with my first child in tow. I'd say that should be the definition of cart friendly. "Can you push a toddler in a jogging stroller though the course without assistance?"

He is 7 now.

What I hope it does is take cart friendly out of ratings equations. Mark down a course because not good for my Zucca, dolly with a cooler strapped on it, 3 wheel baby jogger, 2 child double wide baby jogger, Red flyer wagon, folding umbrella wagon, person with 1 leg, wheel chair bound people, people that are training for wife carrying competitions and carry their bag and wife the whole course, blob aliens, blind people. Etc...all the reasons people mark a course down because of the way they choose to transport their 1/2 lb discs.

If you mark a course down for not being cart friendly, you should mark it up if it doesnt require you to carry enough discs to need a cart.

I find the feature pretty valuable. Generally it is a "cart guy" that is imparting the wisdom. A little interpretive skill is needed, but I have found the input pretty much on mark. Obviously, I take a look at the course, elevation, terrain, part of the country and reviews to further sharpen the cart friendliness.

Latest posts