• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course at Rockville Lake, IN

MacDaddy

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just got approval for a new 18-hole course at Rockville Lake Park, in Parke County, Indiana, just east of the town of Rockville. The land is very hilly and thickly wooded and also has some water in play from the lake and small streams. With plenty of room, the course will have two sets of tees and two pin locations on every hole. They will also have a small pro shop at the gatehouse. There is a small fee to enter the park and season passes are available. It WILL be worth the drive and the fee! With tons of good camp sites, you can stay for the weekend. :hfive:

This will be an excellent wooded course that really encompasses most skill levels! It also helps fill a big void of a section in Indiana without any courses! Having a course at a campground is awesome! There will be activities for the entire family! There are playgrounds, swimming, fishing, hiking trails, boat rentals and of course what all of us on here want... a disc golf course!!

Great property!

Out working on the layout for the course today. Man what a sweet piece of land this place is! :) Some great terrain changes, tons of cool trees, nice views of the lake, and a really scenic valley with a windy creek in it that is going to make some very nice holes! With any luck, we'll have this baby ready by June. :hfive:

Pretty excited about this. Looks like I'll be buying a season pass in June. I'm told the planned layout has changed a good bit since I've been shown, and it was already looking pretty sweet when I walked it.

Man. It's hard to say how excited I am for this course. I live pretty near Rockville and Terre haute and this would give me one more excuse to visit Parke County.

Sweet!

This is pretty sweet, a great place to put a course where there is nothing for a distance. The course sounds fun and I'm looking forward to making some trips there from Terre Haute to check out the course. Sounds great.

Looking good.... !

I was out yesterday working on the layout for the course with Park Superintendent Jameson Hibbs. If you ever need a pack mule to carry the stakes, he's the man! Just kidding, Jameson is a great guy and working really hard to make this course happen, and it a pleasure to work with him. I am sure that he will be a great course operator. :clap:

The design is shaping up nicely, and we now have preliminary locations for all Red and Blue tees and A & B pins. There are some awesome shots! Starting with a jaw droping cliff shot off of hole #1. Followed by many more holes with significant terrain change, up and down, sometimes on the same hole! Lots of tricky greens waiting to ambush careless fly-by putts. And the last three holes, 16, 17 and 18, are in the most beautiful valley, with a super winding stream running down the middle. This course will pop your eyes AND your arm. Not super long, but long enough. And technical all the way, no easy "rest holes" on this one. :thmbup:

Jameson is looking for volunteers to help out with some of the grunt work. He is willing to grant some passes in return for enough hours. You can pm him at Recman on this site. :hfive:

Volunteer dates

If anyone is interested in volunteering some time/material for a season pass please give me a call at 765-592-1958!
Jameson

It very well might be!! I'll have to change my name to IntMan so that I can play this course!!
We have a trail now down the hill for hole 1!! Lots of work to come!!

yes.. the ground does need to be leveled and I'm heading there in just a few minutes!! Don't worry... there are other trails you can help me with, like for hole 2 for instance!

Latest posts