• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course at Rockville Lake, IN

whaaaa ?

Work day tomorrow July 7th and next Saturday July 14th! 8:30 - too hot!

Sorry I couldn't make it today. We were out pouring concrete today for the course at Lawrence Inlow!! :gross:

Sorry I couldn't make it today. We were out pouring concrete today for the course at Lawrence Inlow!! :gross:

Excellent! I did have 4 people show up and we were able to make some good progress on clearing! I have my maintenance guys building bridges this week! July 21st is when the Eagle Scout will be out to build his two bridges. This Saturday will be another work day and hopefully we can get some baskets in the ground! Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we will be digging holes beginning in the creek bottom first (while it's still dry) and then work our way around the rest of the course.

Saturday July 14th we will have another work day beginning at 8:30! We have pin sleeves in the ground for holes 1, 15, 16, 17, and 18! We will be putting together these baskets and then finishing some clearing in the creek bottom before it rains! I hope to see some of you here!

Looking good!

Saturday July 14th we will have another work day beginning at 8:30! We have pin sleeves in the ground for holes 1, 15, 16, 17, and 18! We will be putting together these baskets and then finishing some clearing in the creek bottom before it rains! I hope to see some of you here!

With baskets for these five holes in the ground, it won't be long before the course is up and "playable" (starting with dirt tees). :)

With baskets for these five holes in the ground, it won't be long before the course is up and "playable" (starting with dirt tees). :)

I really hope to have the other 13 baskets in by July 31st but there are not any promises! I still have a little clearing to do on 4 holes before they are ready for baskets! I think I can get that done in the beginning of next week and then start putting more baskets in the end of the week! The 100 degree days do not make it easy!

It's playable....

All 18 new DISCatcher Pro "28's" are in their sleeves and ready for play! The rest of the course still needs a little work, but there are playable fairways on all holes and from all tees (Blue and White). The tees are still natural/dirt, and you would do well to get a course map until the tee-signs (or at least the posts) are up. None-the-less, the course looks awesome! Played the first18-hole, basket round with Park Superintendent, Jameson Hibbs today and it was great! Very wooded, very hilly, very technical with decent length. The gate fee for golfing all-day is only $5 per car. Load up the gang and it's $1.25 each! Bring your tent, camper or RV to enjoy one of the many excellent camp sites (some of which, back up to the disc golf course) and make a weekend of it! :thmbup:

Still working on getting signage throughout the course so please be patient even with the course map! We will have the maps at the gate house upon request. The tee pads are still dirt for both the blue and white pads, concrete will come soon.

Attachments

• White Map USE.jpg
    White Map USE.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 10
I hope to get this played by winter. Reading the reviews its gonna be a *itch....from the long tees to long positions.

wow, i didnt realize this thing was open yet, i need to try and get over there, maybe tomorrow, nice work IntMan

It's far from finished. The pads are pretty much just wooden stakes at this point. No signs yet, so it might be a little difficult to find a couple of holes. It's a really fun course though and the difference between the two sets of pads is pretty significant.

This course is getting better all the time. It now has two concrete tees (only 34 to go) and is looking really green! More tee pads and signs on the way. Jameson could really use a couple of work days, with 6-8 guys showing up and working on some digging, framing one day, and then pouring the tee pads on another day. That way a truck of ready mix can pull up and off load 6-9 tee pads in a couple of hours.

If you are going to Parke County for the Covered Bridge Festival, get a campsite at the park and play your disc golf heart out (while your lady goes shopping). The current course record is -4, from the Blue tees to the "A" pins. :clap:

It supposed to be a pretty nice weekend too. The Covered Bridge Festival's going on, so you'll have plenty of options for lunch/supper. There's even like 4 or 5 tee pads poured at this point!

what an awesome course, had alot of fun out there with kingjames today, really nice job on this by jameson and the other guy who helped with the design!

Agreed! We talked with Jameson who was in the group behind us. He is doing an awesome job with this course. This course is gonna be fantastic when all the amenities are complete. I'm fixing to post the pictures i took today on the course webpage right now.
Thanks Jcrab for joining me today.