• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course in Monkey Junction Wilmington, NC

wilmheath

Has anyone seen the mini course behind home depot in Monkey Junction? I'm not really sure what is going on back there but there are 9 disc catchers up.

Definitely news to me. I heard that they started working on Arrowhead park again though.

Definitely news to me. I heard that they started working on Arrowhead park again though.

Yeah the course makes no sense though. All of the disc catchers are like 100 feet apart but they obviously cleared out a path between them. It's like disc golf putt putt or something. They obviously put some money into this though so I hope someone helps them do it right.

I spoke to a guy from my church that told me about it and he said that one of the churches paid for it but the land is owned by home depot but unbuildable so home depot agreed to let them do it. I have no idea if that is true or not but it might be worth contacting whoever is working on it to see if we can help make it a proper course. I'll try to do some more digging to see what the deal is.

If its the church's, they may not want it too difficult if they built it for children and what not. But someone should at least make sure it's safe so that kids aren't getting hit with discs.

I'm pretty sure that it is the churches. Teepads (same kind they used at Kure) and collars are in at arrowhead. No baskets yet, I think they are shooting for an April finish date at Arrowhead.

Called my buddy in Wilmington, he said it looks like it's the church's too. Said it's basically 9 baskets rusting in an overgrown area. :\

Yeah I got ahold of a lady at the church and she said they use it for summer camps for kids 1st grade through 5th which now makes sense to me. I couldn't figure out the layout but after she told me that it makes perfect sense now. She was very nice and even asked me if I wanted to work at the camp this summer teaching the kids disc golf hehe.