• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in ZIMMERMAN, MN?

meh its a church. tax exempt. almost sounds like there a business right? they can afford a new one im sure.

but stealing baskets isnt cool. i dont want it to turn into a ham lake situation.

I wonder if Ham Lake still has their baskets lying around? Maybe they can hook them up?

No idea on that, but the guy who runs Disc Life in Blaine said he was going to set up the back 9 at Ham Lake sometime this year for a tournament or league event. It was gone before I ever got to play it so that might be fun.

I think they should just leave it up, Don't let the vandals win.

The back 9 had some good holes, I miss it.

Family of Christ lost two baskets? I have never played the course but I am contemplating beating Alan's record of 380 unique holes in one day. FoC was on my list because of its proximity to BRP. That reduces my itinerary from 394 to 392. That sucks.

Family of Christ lost two baskets? I have never played the course but I am contemplating beating Alan's record of 380 unique holes in one day. FoC was on my list because of its proximity to BRP. That reduces my itinerary from 394 to 392. That sucks.

Could you set up temps? You could borrow my Skillshot. :thmbup:

FOC (dont google that) is sweet for a quick round before blue ribbon. i usually play it on my way, since my folks live in andover and its on the way. then of course ham lake after blue ribbon to boost my confidence back up haha.

also my buddy split the tree gap on hole 2 with a buzz for an ace

I believe this course is now open, has anyone had a chance to play it yet?

I went out to Zimmerman yesterday and played the course. Course layout was OK, baskets looked pretty cheap, but definitely worth a play through if you are in the area. The first few holes are really boring, but it starts to go more into the woods in the back 9. None of the holes are extremely challenging, most are 200-300 feet with a few tree obstacles in the way. They are still doing some work to the course (removing trees, debris, etc), so it isn't 100% polished and completed just yet -- but it is playable.

The first hole is right around here (there's plenty of parking): https://www.google.com/maps/dir//45...93.5855724,143m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0

so not worth a trip up there at all, but if really close to the park it will scratch the itch?

so not worth a trip up there at all, but if really close to the park it will scratch the itch?

Pretty much. I live in Elk River, so I can get to this course in about 10 minutes and it beats the course in ER, as well as the one in Twin Lakes. It's nothing compared to courses like Bryant Lake Park and Blue Ribbon Pines though.

Latest posts