• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New DG Ride

You've seen the south park episode where everyone gets hybrids right? Too much smugness occurs.

south-park-smug-313.gif

But really slick looking. A lot better than the first gens

Hybrid owners smug? Nah...

smug:

adj. smug·ger, smug·gest
Exhibiting or feeling great or offensive satisfaction with oneself or with one's situation; self-righteously complacent.

Well...ok maybe just a little :|

You're right, so far I've averaged 55.6 mpg highway.

Yeah I have a Gen 2 Prius at home that usually averages about 49 mpg. It had some problems with smug when we first got it, but now that it's been worn in nicely the smug problems have gone away.

"You know, the emissions from a vehicle like yours causes irreparable damage to the ozone. I drive a hybrid; it's much better for the environment. Yeah, I like to be a part of the soluuution and not part of the probluuhm. Good for yooouuu! Thaaaaaaanks!"

I drive a prius for these reasons:

1) Cost was great when we bought it (they gave us over 4k for a 2000 explorer that was starting its downward spiral)
2) Gas Mileage
3) We rented a gen-2 for a vacation and fell in love, I am so glad it happened because I always had very negative thoughts about hybrids before I realized that Toyota has made them seamless and so well integrated that you don't even know it (unless you listen for the motor whine).
4) As much room as a fusion or malibu without looking like its big.

I have a 93 sentra that gets 50+ on the highway.... lol

Head to Texas man. Wonderful courses and if you leave now you will beat the heat.