• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Club

cjrogus

I bet I could throw a FH here.
Hey,
I'm trying to start up a Disc Golf Club at my local course and even know are fan page is slowly growing I would like to take it up a notch. Any ideas on how to get more people to join, or things your local course or club has done to impress you into joining a club.

Hey,
I'm trying to start up a Disc Golf Club at my local course and even know are fan page is slowly growing I would like to take it up a notch. Any ideas on how to get more people to join, or things your local course or club has done to impress you into joining a club.

Very simple! First make a facebook group page, makes some tags for your group ( you can do this by buying 1/4 inch acrylic sheets and cutting it into small squares that you can put vinyl numbers on), and last but not least do a MINI at a local course every week the same time and get some people out playing.

Also just play pick up games with people and mention your group and offer to let them join in on the fun. And don't forget to put a flyer or something on the bulletin boards at courses

Hey,

Sorry; best thing you can do is to learn how to express yourself clearly--#1 rule of having people trust you and to join your organization.

Ridgeley's a little to far away for me to join a club... but I do plan on making it out to Poor Farm again this Summer! Haven't seen the course since February of 2011 and am really interested to see it again with all of the improvements and changes!

^^ Please stop on by. We are currently reworking 16 and 17, changing them completely. I have made flyers and posted them at all the local courses. I have a Facebook page but unfourntatly 3/4's of the people I talk to don't have one. The bag tags are a great Idea. Might have to start making some.

Bump. I need some more Ideas guys. DOOON"T STAHPPPPPPPPP!

Don't mean to thread-jack, but was interested in the changes to #16-17. #16 was OK but I really liked #17. Hope the new holes are good ones. :) Obviously you wouldn't be changing them if you weren't trying to improve them I wish you well! Maybe see you this Summer!

I'd be more concerned about basic upkeep of the course as this point, instead of changing holes around. Everyone I talk to in the area seems to enjoy the layout of the course, the only negatives I hear is about how rough it is as far as branches, rocks, high grass, etc. Trashcans on the course would be good as well.

Course upkeep is important, just not to focused on it at the moment in these winter months. Everything's pretty bare. Not sure exactly what jack had planned for 16 and 17 but I'm sure that it'll be worth it.

Latest posts