• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] New Disc: Hyzer Bomb Veteran

haier2

Par Member
I was looking around at the Flak bag and found this on the Hyzer bomb website:

http://www.hyzerbomb.com/collections/discs/products/frontline-mortar-first-run

Vet_mock_large.png

Is this finally going to be the Millennium "JLF"?

Who ever talked about a JLF? Are you referring to a JLS/OLF offspring? Crave is the answer (I've thrown the JLS for almost a decade now).

Who ever talked about a JLF? Are you referring to a JLS/OLF offspring? Crave is the answer (I've thrown the JLS for almost a decade now).
I talked all about a JLF back in the day because it was absolutely pursued.. Sirius EXP Proto was a candidate mold.

I like HB, looking forward to more info on this most home-run-named disc.

I talked all about a JLF back in the day because it was absolutely pursued.. Sirius EXP Proto was a candidate mold.

I like HB, looking forward to more info on this most home-run-named disc.

The term sounded familiar but I was under the assumption it was a recent discussion that I had missed or not read.

I'm indifferent about HB and like the Millennium/Flak bag as well as the fact that they run production Tanks. Good luck to them even if I don't throw their molds currently!

I'm fairly certain Millennium at least attempted to create something to fit the stable/os fairway mold and compliment the JLS. The EXP-1 was a decent disc but it beat in easily, the premium plastic runs were impossible to find, and its been discontinued at this point.

I know on the DGR forums' Millennium post the potential "JLF" was mentioned multiple times, sometimes by Team Mill guys. Currently I bag an Eagle-X to compliment my Q & M JLS, but I'd absolutely give another Millennium disc a chance at taking that spot.

Well, that is a sick name and obviously fits me well, but it kind of sounds more like a Gazelle, at least from the Hyzer bomb description.

So far, HB has slowly put out on some quality discs, so this should also fly well...but will it be popular?

I personally love Hyzer Bombs stuff. I think the flak bag is pretty cool and the tank is a great disc. I would love to try this new and beautiful plastic, personally I hope it is gazelle or teebird type disc. but who knows, I'm pretty sure ill buy it anyway

JLF will be solely a Millennium disc, but sounds like similar flight paths as you guys described.
This disc was intended to be more CE Eagle like but came out a tad less stable than that old coveted run. The final product turned out to be equally awesome and we fell in love with the final product. I have thrown the Veteran since April, and at first it was tad more overstable, however it has quickly beat in to a super straight flyer that will finish left for me (RHBH).
When you release on a anny, it has a sweet turn over disc as well with lots of glide. This is like a JLS, Eagle, & Tl had a baby. Very nice disc and should do well with all skill levels. Hope this info helps!

Sounds like what I use my Gazelle for. Might try one out. How wide is the rim?

Also curious if this is a completely new mold or uses existing mold pieces (ie Frankenmold).

Even if it is branded through another company it is nice to see Millennium getting some new stuff going.

Thanks for the info! Now it seems to me like a Gazelle or even a QPLS. I'm interested enough to give it a go, hopefully it will handle a decent amount power & be useful in my lineup.

JLF will be solely a Millennium disc

Don't get my hopes up too high, this thing needs to come out at some point! :cool:

On a related note I got some test footage filmed with a HB Tank and Panzer Tank recently. They remind me of the Pro Rhynos I used to throw my first year of DG. Really easy to tee off with, eat up the wind, and super predictable.

The new run of Mpls has a really high plh, don't have a qpls to compare to but it is very beefy in comparison to the other Mpls I have thrown.

I'll at least test one of these when I can.

Any idea what plastics they will be available in?

Definitely intrigued by this disc and I am also curious on rim size (listed as a speed 7).Any idea on release date?

Direct from Hyzer Bomb via Facebook (*shudder*, but this type of stuff is the only reason I keep my account):

Hyzerbomb Discs
The PDGA should have it ready for approval with in the next few weeks. The specs will be listed at that time. It's a fantastic disc though! For sure a player favorite. Possible late August release. We will say September just to be safe.

On a related note I got some test footage filmed with a HB Tank and Panzer Tank recently. They remind me of the Pro Rhynos I used to throw my first year of DG. Really easy to tee off with, eat up the wind, and super predictable.

Which one did you prefer? Can't wait to the footage!

Which one did you prefer? Can't wait to the footage!

The Tank was a lot like a Rhyno for me, pretty straight overall with rock solid HSS, little glide and not a ton of fade, making it very easy to range. The Panzer Tank was a little more OS, so in the grippy Pro style plastic I'd choose it to cover more bases with cycling.

I'm going to take the Mortar out after lunch and give it a go. Plan to do a few field bombs then try some holes at Winget both FH & BH. Big fan of the rim shape, it's a comfortable mold. Might also throw it back to back against a Tensor and see what happens.

Latest posts