• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] New Disc Manufacturer

Lol at all the people begging and grovelling to try and become a tester for both this new company and the other one that just recently came out. Who wouldn't want to test discs? Also, there is no way that they can get a good gauge of a player's skill level by their internet posts, so I think that on this type of thing if they are looking to gain testers from an internet source, they should make a contest out of it in some way, shape, or form.

just my $0.02

So, I plan on talking with the guy producing these. I am going to try to get in good and be the DGCR sales rep. My first act is that I am going to tell him the best way to sell some discs is to get them in the hands of the players and let them test them out and give reviews.

If I do this is there anyone out there that would be willing to test and give honest reviews?

Im completely down to test discs.

Lol at all the people begging and grovelling to try and become a tester for both this new company and the other one that just recently came out. Who wouldn't want to test discs? Also, there is no way that they can get a good gauge of a player's skill level by their internet posts, so I think that on this type of thing if they are looking to gain testers from an internet source, they should make a contest out of it in some way, shape, or form.

just my $0.02

:thmbup:

Everyone wins with more new discs and plastics...That being said, imo recreating CE is a fool's errand. It is mystified, and if a new company came out with 100% the same formula as CE all the people on Ebay buying CE are still going to call it BS. CE today does not even feel the same today as it did when it was made more than a decade ago...People don't really want plastic like CE either...They just want the magic CE discs because Feldberg used to use them or some other silly reason.

My opinion on CE plastic that has nothing to do with OP: It wasn't the magical CE plastic polymers that made those discs special it was the consistency of the molds!

My opinion on CE plastic that has nothing to do with OP: It wasn't the magical CE plastic polymers that made those discs special it was the consistency of the molds!

Is that why people devote pages and pages to discussing which run of CE a particular disc came from and how those runs are different? :rolleyes:

so i heard from a couple local guys that the company was talking about individual packaging for each disc, how does everyone feel about that? would definitely stop the issue of shelf wear.

so i heard from a couple local guys that the company was talking about individual packaging for each disc, how does everyone feel about that? would definitely stop the issue of shelf wear.

Innova does that, but I don't think it's that popular. It makes it hard to feel the discs in the store.

It might be cool for collectors, but personally, I couldn't care less about shelf wear on a disc that I plan to throw.

Innova does that, but I don't think it's that popular. It makes it hard to feel the discs in the store.

It might be cool for collectors, but personally, I couldn't care less about shelf wear on a disc that I plan to throw.

Exactly. People wanna feel them up. Save the packaging cost and pass the savings on to consumers, then you'll have a hit.

Vibram changed packaging each disc a few different ways before scrapping it all together. As a product mgr for the biggest retailer, I can tell you people want to feel the product

Haha, I don't think so. There's a chance one of them might have molested me though.

Latest posts