• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Edit your reviews

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now edit all your old reviews if that's something you're interested in doing. To do it, click on "Edit Profile"/"Edit Site Profile" in the main menu up top and you'll notice a new section in there that lists all your reviews. You can click the course name to jump to the course or click the little pencil to edit any aspect of your review.

If you edit the review less than 24 hours after originally posting it then it will not be shown as updated in the course reviews area. After 24 hours, there will be a little icon below the "Played On" line that shows when the review was updated. I updated this one tonight to test so you can get an idea of what it looks like. I'd like to find a better icon for it but it's late so I'll save that for another day.

If you notice any oddities or bugs with the new editing feature please let me know.

Cool.. maybe I'll leave the icon as is then. I just took a look at it this morning and I liked it more than I did last night.

What do you guys think about adding an optional field for when you update a review, something like "Updated Info"? That way if you want to mention what you changed or let people know why you changed what you did you'll have a spot to put it.

I'd have it show up below "Other Thoughts" in your reviews.. it could just be a small, italic foot note or I could make it look like part of the review.

Tim,

Can you add a button to edit your own review under the actual course review itself?

I find that 99% of the time when I want to update a review it's when I'm looking at the review. As it is now I have to go to My Dashboard first, then find the review, then click the Edit icon. It'd be much easier if there was an Edit icon right on the review itself.

ERic

The formatting for the "links" button at the lower right-hand corner of the course page is cutoff. It looks like there is a ">" forcing the button off of the page.

**Never mind, once I logged in it went away???**

Also, it seems that if you go back and revise the number of discs you give a course, it doesnt change your avg review score in your profile. i say this bc even though i have knocked some of my earlier reviews down by a half disc upon further review (read, more experience), my avg is still exactly the same (3.50) when I mouse over the avg review icon in my dashboard

Texconsinite

Just fixed that problem as well. Your average should be accurate after midnight tonight when the average review score script runs.

Tim,

Can you add a button to edit your own review under the actual course review itself?

I find that 99% of the time when I want to update a review it's when I'm looking at the review. As it is now I have to go to My Dashboard first, then find the review, then click the Edit icon. It'd be much easier if there was an Edit icon right on the review itself.

ERic

Thanks for the suggestion ERicJ and thanks for this fix too timg...I was wanting this same thing! I must admit this site is getting more and more addictive. :cool: