• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New From Summerdale, PA

taman76

New to the forums and I have been playing this game nearly a year now and it's been both fun and at times frustrating.

Sadly I am still not throwing 200'. I throw RHBH and my go to driver is a 148g, Leopard. Currently my good flat throws go about 170' and sometimes a bit longer depending on wind.

I also have a Lat64 Fuse I can throw pretty close to that range on a good day.

I have a lot of putters and approach disc that I hear are good to train with but I max them out around 120'. I just now use them for Put and approach.

Granted I am not old, 59, and not in the best of shape, but I still hope to get in a consistent 200' range on drives.

I have read a lot on the forums and other places about getting distance, and have tried lots of things to help, but still find myself stuck at this range.

Only good part is, 90% of what I throw ends up on the fairway. Unless I clip a tree or disc slips from my hand or something.

I hope to soon play with some other people, but given my short throws I feel a bit intimidated yet.

Hoping to enjoy this hobby a long time. Exercise is good and the challenge of getting a disc in a basket is fun.

Welcome. Keep at it. Right now you are probably at the worst you will be until you hit your mid 70's (hopefully).

Keep at it. If you're having fun, nothing else matters. And to be honest, there's not many holes on the vast majority of courses I've ever played where a 400' plus shot gains you much of an advantage. Keep it in the fairway.

Thanks for the welcome.

Not looking to throw 400'. Just hoping to see 200-225. Around here that gives me a good chance of making par on most holes.

Looks like you are only about 1hr 20 min from my course, Creeping Creek in Hampstead MD.