• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New from Tallahassee, Florida

ILER

Par Member
Hey guys new to the site. Been here a little while and made a few posts. I am a Senior at Florida State University majoring in Sociology and Environmental Studies. I have been playing since 2008 off and on but recently really got back into it. I have posted a good bit of rounds from four courses so far. Planning a trip to Thomasville to check out the MacIntyre Park courses. Some contributions to the site have been adding the Florida State University Reservation 9 hole course. I Did a review on Jack McLean Park and one on the Reservation. Still working on making one for the home course at Tom Brown Park. I really enjoy the site and love having a place to upload course information to keep track. Planning on getting a bag tag since I noticed nobody had one here in Tallahassee on the site.

Jonathan

Here are a few pictures

Back in 2008 playing for the first time.

picture.php

2011 at FSU Reservation

picture.php

Welcome.

I paid someone to take pictures of Tom Brown and they never did, can you take some pics of Tom Brown for the site?

I am trying to teach a guy how to play over facebook right now. He lives by Tom Brown, maybe I can give you his contact info and you can take over teaching him in person :)

Tell him to join the group on facebook called Easterwood Drivers. Tell him a guy on here is in the group and we go to Tom Brown.

I graduated from FSU and my daughter is starting this summer. I look forward to playing in tally. Check out my Facebook page South Florida Disc Golf if you are ever down south. I have all the leagues for Broward,Dade, and West Palm listed on it.

You should make a day trip out of your thomasville excursion. Go another 45 minutes east of thomasville and you can check out the course here, Freedom Park, in Valdosta. I have a bag tag too :)

I do plan to hit the Valdasta one sometime this summer. Might make it a June trip for my group. I just ordered my Travel Tag and would love to swap with you but it will be a brand new tag so no names yet.

I do plan to hit the Valdasta one sometime this summer. Might make it a June trip for my group. I just ordered my Travel Tag and would love to swap with you but it will be a brand new tag so no names yet.

Mine is too, and I'm not sure that I'll get a chance to swap one out before then. I think my dad and I are gonna try and make a thomasville-tallahassee golfing trip sometime this summer as well.

We have been playing at Tom Brown for years. We recently started a new club. Some info:

The Tallahassee Disc Golf Association ( TDGA ) was born last Saturday. About 15 of us were at the meeting. These are the officers of the new club: Eric Agrillo, Justin Woodall, David Ricke, Dave Muntean Jr., Dave Muntean III This board will meet over the next few months to create a set of by-laws, collect dues, schedule events, etc... Then in 6 months, the club members will vote in a new board to run the club.

We have bag tags and host an invitational tournament near Monticello.
I have worked at FSU since 99 in maintenance and know a lot about campus. Let me know if you're interested in the Tallahassee group and we can meet up. I work near the starbucks on Woodward (Mendenhall maintenance complex)

Next scheduled rounds:

5/7 7 pm Night golf at Tom Brown park. Tallahassee Parks department will run this event. They will provide basket lights. You need to bring disc lights and a flashlight
5/21 9am Machete Invitational at my course. morning doubles round, lunch, then a singles round

We have been playing at Tom Brown for years. We recently started a new club. Some info:

The Tallahassee Disc Golf Association ( TDGA ) was born last Saturday. About 15 of us were at the meeting. These are the officers of the new club: Eric Agrillo, Justin Woodall, David Ricke, Dave Muntean Jr., Dave Muntean III This board will meet over the next few months to create a set of by-laws, collect dues, schedule events, etc... Then in 6 months, the club members will vote in a new board to run the club.

We have bag tags and host an invitational tournament near Monticello.
I have worked at FSU since 99 in maintenance and know a lot about campus. Let me know if you're interested in the Tallahassee group and we can meet up. I work near the starbucks on Woodward (Mendenhall maintenance complex)

Next scheduled rounds:

5/7 7 pm Night golf at Tom Brown park. Tallahassee Parks department will run this event. They will provide basket lights. You need to bring disc lights and a flashlight
5/21 9am Machete Invitational at my course. morning doubles round, lunch, then a singles round

I won't be able to make the may 7 round, but if y'all do night golf again I'll definitely try and make the trip. I haven't ever been able to do it (our gates close at 9 or 10 right now) and it seems like it'd be a ton of fun.

Yeah I have heard about the TDGA on Facebook I think. I work Saturdays and can't make that night game because I will be heading out of town right after work. I usually play Sundays because I work at a car dealership so always have to be at work on Saturdays. After I graduate if I am still in Tallahassee and have a job with a M-F schedule I would hit up your events.

Latest posts