• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] *NEW* Gateway Chief Mold

So I'm looking around and now there is a Chief and a Chief OS. Is the Chief OS the retool? Or is the Chief the retool and the Chief OS something else?

The Devilhawk is the groove top Chief, correct? Is it a groove top Chief or Groove top Chief OS?

I was wondering this same thing, I think, a while ago. But didn't know how to word it exactly, and still dont. Haha

Chief OS is the newest on the conventional topped, concave twener PnA molds. It flies more over stable than the rerooled chief but isn't really OS when compared to other driving putters

The Devilhawk is the Chief OS bottom with a modified top. It flies the most OS out of all the Gateway molds.

So the Chief is the retooled Chief, the Devilhawk is a more overstable version with a groove top and the Chief OS is a superfluous disc between the Chief and Devilhawk?

How does the Devilhawk compare to the Scale stability-wise? I'm assuming it's faster than a Scale?

The DevilHawk is Scale like in terms of fade but it can get less reliable in the HSS.

It is indeed faster as well.

All in all it's a solid class of molds but I find them to be too fast for putters and too slow for mids. They're the tweeners that you could find a ton of use for if you can't already throw your putters & miss effectively. I prefer to just power up a putter or power down the mid.

Out of this class I do find the Chief OS to be the best. Stable flight with a ton of control.

I just recieved a "new" mold chief (not roc-looking) in the mail that says Proto-Evo. It definitely feels different than a regular HPP Evo, might this be the same blend that Reptilian uses for Armor?

Latest posts